Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame

Resin Illuminati's Hall of Fame Builds in this section are at least three years old and have been recognized by RI members as being especially noteworthy.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God
Default !/32 Hasegawa ME-262, Adolph Galland white 3

Threw this together over the past week. Kind of a stress relief build. Just thrown together out of the box with no extra details. The kit had raised panel lines and rivets. I knocked most of those down since they were puttied over on the actual craft. Overall very fun throw together kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0297.JPG (1.54 MB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0298.JPG (1.44 MB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0299.JPG (1.49 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0300.JPG (1.55 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0301.JPG (1.39 MB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0302.JPG (1.43 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0303.JPG (1.39 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0304.JPG (1.42 MB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0305.JPG (1.44 MB, 11 views)
Old 08-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Feel the wrath of Boron!!

Lord Boron has a brilliant futureLord Boron has a brilliant futureLord Boron has a brilliant futureLord Boron has a brilliant futureLord Boron has a brilliant futureLord Boron has a brilliant futureLord Boron has a brilliant futureLord Boron has a brilliant futureLord Boron has a brilliant futureLord Boron has a brilliant futureLord Boron has a brilliant future
Default Re: !/32 Hasegawa ME-262, Adolph Galland white 3

Nothing beats a nice 262!!! Very nice for "thrown together"!!!! I'm finding that can be fun putting something together straight from the box.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Thanks. I have been working on alot of WW2 stuff lately. I have a dragon P-51, old tool Hasegawa FW-190 on the bench. Just applied the base paint to a old pro modeler DO-335 2 seater and am thinking of tackling a trumpeter 1/32 Bearcat i got for free in a club auction. Just need a break from scifi i guess. Its also clearing the backlog of kits i have to build/finish.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:33 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! Great work Sean! I love your Messerschmidt! I saw the 262 in the "German Museum" in Munich. Itīs such a cool fighter/bomber looking like an shark.
Hey please show me your Mustang.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Shit got real.

Thats my love for the 262 as well. Only one other aircraft has the shark look to it. Thats the F-16. Especially the test model that had the canards mounted below the intake.

Il try to get some shots of the Mustang up tomorrow sometime. Its still pretty bare bones. Im going to paint it in the "Double Trouble II" Scheme.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:44 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
Thats my love for the 262 as well. Only one other aircraft has the shark look to it. Thats the F-16. Especially the test model that had the canards mounted below the intake.

Il try to get some shots of the Mustang up tomorrow sometime. Its still pretty bare bones. Im going to paint it in the "Double Trouble II" Scheme.
Great! Thatīs the Mustang with the black/yellow checkers on the nose and the witch noseart on the side right?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Shit got real.

Yup thats the one. Sorry for no pics yet. I was dealing with he veterans administration all day.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Yup thats the one. Sorry for no pics yet. I was dealing with he veterans administration all day.
Veterans administration? Whatīs that?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Shit got real.

Its where Ex military can go to get compensation for service connected disability. I have a chronic and degenerative back condition from my service. Im working on getting my compensation reevaluated.

Last edited by HWR MKII; 08-27-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Its where Ex military can go to get compensation for service connected disability. I have a chronic and degenerative back condition from my service. Im working on getting my compensation reevaluated.
Interesting. Compansation for service in the Irak War? You are Soldier Sean?
Old 08-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Shit got real.

I was. I got out of the Air Force Last year.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:26 AM

Quote:
I was. I got out of the Air Force Last year.
What was your job at the Air Force? Sounds like an interesting job.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:44 AM
Shit got real.

I was an aircraft weapons loader as my main job. My back problems later in my career led me to do more specialized work. Not as involving as loading bombs but still interesting and gave me quite an insight into ops planning. Also helped develop an awesome connection with the pilots. Not every day a full Colonel gets to know you on a first name basis and you havent gotten in trouble. Also did alot of wall art for various units. Even painted the Squadron K-rail wall in Qatar one year.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:50 AM
Shit got real.

Heres some shots of the wall. Not bad for finishing someone elses project. Our squadron Chief had someone else start it, but they "lost interest". The chief saw me tinkering on a model at the rec tent one night and asked what i would need to complete it. I told him and a couple days later an airbrush, compressor and a buttload of paint showed up. I still have the Airbrush
Old 08-28-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
I told him and a couple days later an airbrush, compressor and a buttload of paint showed up. I still have the Airbrush
And the airbrush is original air force olive-drab. Isnīt it

Really cool work!! But what the hell is in the backround of the K-Rail wall on the picture? Photoshop?