Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 11-29-2019, 12:39 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future
Default Re: BSG Cobra/King Cobra variant

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokefiend View Post
very cool. will you be making the file available to print?
Hadn't thought about that, that is a possibility.
So, more progress. Finally getting a smooth surface after lots of priming & filling. The parts are starting to fit less precisely because of the priming, so I will have to carefully scrape & file the parts to better fit, as I intended.
I just ordered more parts from Sculpteo, I only have the canopy and wings left to print.
I plan on building a full cockpit that will contain a Pilot & REO. ( I'll need to find two 1:48 pilots to modify ) I also want to light this. I intend to build internal engine parts for the rear part of the engines only and put lighting in there. I also added a small 'tube' in each wing to accommodate an LED.
Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2153.JPG (80.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2156.JPG (77.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2157.JPG (79.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2195.JPG (116.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2197.JPG (93.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2198.JPG (122.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2201.JPG (77.9 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-09-2020, 08:26 PM

Del is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the rough

Any update Scott?
Old 03-20-2020, 11:59 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Actually, getting ready to have the wings and small engine nozzles, cockpit & canopy printed. Debating on having the landing gear printed, or just build them myself.

Last edited by srspicer; 03-21-2020 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:07 PM

Nostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant future

Decided?
Old 08-10-2020, 06:36 PM

Will be looking at the material options for the landing gear. Not that I can't construct them, just want to check my 3D design for functionality.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:09 PM

Nostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant future

Landing gears are sweet
Old 08-12-2020, 04:24 AM

The gear that folds into the wings is designed to fold up and swing up, the nose gear is attached to an 'H' frame and swings up forward into the nose. It took me hours to get all of the gear to fit into the ship. Space is very tight to allow for gear with sufficient ground clearance and not look like it was on stilts or have the wings fold up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cobra front gear .jpg (81.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-14-2020, 12:02 PM

Received the last of the parts, everything went through the printing process without any mods to the files!
I decided to use a couple of different materials on these last parts. The landing gear I used matte bronzed-silver steel so I could actually use the gear to hold the weight of the model. I used Smoothest fine detail plastic for the canopy frame, and White neutral versatile plastic. I just did a bunch test fitting of parts for now, lots of adjusting to do because I make the parts fit exactly.
I still need to work on getting a pair of seats and pilots and then to create the cockpit interior.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1227.JPG (156.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1235.JPG (106.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1238 copy.JPG (106.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1241.JPG (131.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1243.JPG (126.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1246.JPG (80.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1257.JPG (56.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1250.JPG (113.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1256.JPG (116.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1229.JPG (125.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-15-2020, 09:23 AM

Bridger will become famous soon enoughBridger will become famous soon enough

Looks great.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:06 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Real nice work! Gonna look good going together.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 10-02-2020, 09:14 PM

Mama mia…. I just love landing gears.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:30 PM

Thank you all.

So whilst refining the fit of the landing gear parts to the wings, I realized there could be just enough room to store the gear with wheels inside the wing without needing them to fold. I was a bit angry with myself as I spent a load of hours getting the gear to fold realistically and fit in the wing, and give clearance for the wings to not touch the ground.

I spent only about two hours moving things around and boom, no folding gear needed! Very pleased with the new design and will be getting them printed shortly.

Oh, I forgot, there is a build page on my website now;
http://www.srsprototyping.com/latest...a-fighter-bsg/

I am looking for a lighting kit for this model. I need the engine pulsing effect and cockpit lighting. Any help will be appreciated. Did some searching but not happy with what I found.

The site is not letting me upload images again. I think it has to do with a warning I get from my MacBook Air stating this site is not secure. There is something on this website that needs updating. I posted this despite the warning.

Last edited by srspicer; 10-03-2020 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:25 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Great looking progress. Shame about all the work on the folding gear, I guess..?
I wish we'd seen one of those sitting on the flight deck.

Old 11-02-2020, 08:38 PM

Received the re-designed wings and two pilots I purchased on the Shapeways market place. Now I can start to create seats and a cockpit and consider my lighting options. You can check the build thread for more details.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1380.JPG (89.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1378.JPG (70.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1377.JPG (81.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1368.JPG (67.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-03-2020, 08:10 AM

Nice! They look good in there.