Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 03-14-2016, 01:38 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Trumpeter 1/35 Hind Mi-24 Gunship

LOVIN IT!!!!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-18-2016, 08:20 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys

found some time to take some pictures of some of the smaller parts like the wings and rotor blades

I'm happy with how it's coming along so far. Just stuck on the type of green to use. It's hard because of the massive variation in pictures.

Weapons have been chosen and almost ready to go on. They just need a final flat coat and a little bit of tidying up

That's all I have for now. I will hopefully have the rotor head all plumbed up tomorrow night and then that part will be finished

Thanks for looking

MH

Last edited by Madhatter; 03-18-2016 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:41 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

hi everyone

Very quick update. I'm almost done. Still a few places to finish painting then it's weathering time

Hopefully, I have the colours right! Not too late to change it if need be

As you can see, there is still a few places to patch up and reduce the post shading and the bottom mask hasn't come off yet

If you think the colours are wrong, please do say

Thanks for looking

MH
Old 03-28-2016, 02:22 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Lemme tell ya---- the colors are awesome!

Here at RI, we are more concerned with awesome. Discussions could go on for pages about scale depth, tone, hue etc.

It's called "ad nauseum".....

For me, those colors are very close and at the same time striking and interesting. And that's what it's about!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 03-28-2016, 06:11 PM

thanks mate I'm not too hung up on the colours....OK, I'm full of shit - I so was hung on them but I think I got it right-ish

Anyway, got more painting done last night. Still need to fix up a couple of things but that won't take long

Here's where I am currently up to

The last picture isn't the greatest sorry. I have cropped a couple of the pictures, but Photobucket hasn't caught up with itself yet.

Thanks for looking

MH
Old 04-01-2016, 05:53 PM

Snappahead New face in the crowd

Very nice! I like what I see.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:25 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappahead View Post
Very nice! I like what I see.

Rotorhead!
Old 04-02-2016, 06:25 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Love the paint work and those rotors. Nice all around!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 04-03-2016, 07:32 PM

thanks guys - glad you like it

This will be the last update as it's pretty much now finished - just a couple of last small things to do then it's done. My next project will be a sci-fi subject - more over, another 2199 ship. I've already started it and will begin a new WIP thread in the SF section shortly

But in the mean time, here's a very quick couple of pics of the Hind

Not much of an update I know, but the final pictures will be uploaded hopefully later today or tomorrow

Thanks again for looking

MH
Old 04-03-2016, 10:16 PM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

it looks great! I love the weapons load out, especially those triple gun pods. These beasts sure are something though. At 1/35 scale I can only imagine how much really went into it just with assembly alone.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:08 AM

thanks mate - surprisingly, there isn't too much assembly wise. It's pretty basic but with enough details.

Well, it's all done and finished Thanks for those who stopped in and commented in the WIP.

Well, that's it. Thanks for stopping in and watching

Now back to the Sci-fi goodness
MH
Old 04-04-2016, 05:11 AM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

Excellent rendition of this beast in Czech colors!
Old 04-04-2016, 06:33 PM
My ass is itchy...

She's beautiful! Nice job M.H. !

Old 04-06-2016, 04:58 AM

thanks guys - I'm glad you like it. I have to admit, I am pretty happy with it. Except I have to weather the decals to match the rest of the helo. Shouldn't be too much of a drama

Thanks again for posting and watching guys
MH