Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: SCHARNHORST - 1/350, by Dragon

Thanks!

What do you not like about the wood?
Old 04-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Liking what I'm seein'!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Very very cool! Sweet work Cat!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:25 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

That looks Fantastic Dave. Love it.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 PM

G-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of light

I have never one thought of building a model ship....until now
I think thouhg.. I would just save myself the heartache of screwing it up, by buying the kit and mailing it to you with return shipping label, precut foam and fited box for return of completed kit

George

And you can follow Catalyst Creations on face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644
Old 04-28-2012, 10:51 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Thanks!

Oh no, I love the wood. I'm going to put the decking on my HMS Warspite and I'm just worries about messing it up. Especially during painting. It'll have to go on after that, pushing the deck pieces to the very end.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 04-28-2012, 12:05 PM

G-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Thanks!

Crap. Dave made a "wood" comment and i missed it.

I love your wood...its beautiful?...

I hate your wood...its flaccid?..

Both of my personalities are vieing for control right now?...

Still think its a beautiful build!

George

And you can follow Catalyst Creations on face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644

Last edited by G-Man; 04-28-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Klingon View Post
Liking what I'm seein'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackcore View Post
Very very cool! Sweet work Cat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suki5150 View Post
That looks Fantastic Dave. Love it.

Thank you, Gentlemen - very high praise coming from guys of your skill levels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I have never one thought of building a model ship....until now
I think thouhg.. I would just save myself the heartache of screwing it up, by buying the kit and mailing it to you with return shipping label, precut foam and fited box for return of completed kit
One of these days I may be able to hook you up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Oh no, I love the wood. I'm going to put the decking on my HMS Warspite and I'm just worries about messing it up. Especially during painting. It'll have to go on after that, pushing the deck pieces to the very end.
Actually, it makes painting worlds easier. One thing that has always given me fits with shipbuilding is painting vertical surfaces and then masking off and painting the decks. These decks eliminate the vast majority of the hassle. Just paint, do whatever weathering you want, then add the decks.

(I didn't think about the weathering until AFTER I added the decks.... oh well, it'll be different on Prinz Eugen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Crap. Dave made a "wood" comment and i missed it.
Well - you HAVE had dental surgery recently....
Old 05-01-2012, 05:23 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
Actually, it makes painting worlds easier. One thing that has always given me fits with shipbuilding is painting vertical surfaces and then masking off and painting the decks. These decks eliminate the vast majority of the hassle. Just paint, do whatever weathering you want, then add the decks.
Yes, that's what I'm looking forward to.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 05-08-2012, 01:45 PM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute

Raving neato so far Dave-like the way the white glue on the railings turned out. I may
have to borrow that technique, as I seem to be getting deeper into some steampunk
sea-going shennanigans....

Quote:
You studio scale people have rubbed off on me...
I think I've got a salve for that....
Old 07-06-2012, 09:52 AM

Haratio Fales is on a distinguished road

3210.jpgHere's a picture of Her in 1/72 scale, being built by Paul Salomone in Malta, Italy. This and a Project of Bismark in the same scale inspired Me to build the Munich.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:47 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Getting ready for a move. One thing led to another this weekend - she got a little sunlight:

Old 10-17-2015, 04:14 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Take your time,Cat.

I'm confident that eventually,the mighty Scharnhorst will put to sea.

Good luck,and be careful while you're moving.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:34 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Quote:

What I DID find that works is Elmer's Wood Glue:

Now, it's WAY too thick as it is. I poured of maybe a fourth of it and topped it off with water. Shook well and brushed some on to some scrap PE. After it dried, I stabbed at it with my steely X-Acto. STRONG.

I like it.
Never underestimate the power of the-er, Elmer's Glue! I use it in all of the traveling dioramas I have built. Once it sets, it is forever...