Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 09-21-2014, 04:39 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/32 B-17G

I got a Karma Bomb this past Friday - a person or persons unknown saw fit to bless upon me an HK Models 1/32 B-17G

Whoever you are....if you're reading this....THANK YOU!!!! I'm still working on tracking you down

Anyway - I LOVE THIS KIT.

There won't be much if any time-consuming scratchbuilding on this build, just adding detail parts and enjoying.

As usual for an epic kit like this, there are aftermarket goodies to make it even epic-er. My plans:

• Eduard Brassin wheels are a given. Also, maybe superchargers.
  • Eduard Brassin engines....this will be about the most expensive add-on. On a plane like this, the engines are like eyes on a face - they *have* to be right, or it throws the rest off. The Brassin engines are jewels. Each engine comes with a full one-piece snap-on cowl, plus three-piece sectioned cowl that would look good near the plane when the cowlings are off. Also, they are purely stick-on items, so I can hold off on buying them as long as I want.
  • Eduard brass - I just want Big Ed Set 1 plus Exterior and Placards. Set 2 won't be necessary.
  • .50 cals - Eduard Brassin gun set for the breeches and mounts, plus Master brass barrels. The Eduard barrels are great, but the brass are better.

Two things I'd like to see: Vacuform nose cone, and a good resin Norden.

This will be an incredibly fun build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-a.jpg (78.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 17-1.jpg (91.9 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by The Cat; 09-21-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:58 PM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1/32 B-17G

You lucky dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Two things I'd like to see: Vacuform nose cone, and a good resin Norden
I am sure those will be out soon, everything else is.
Ken.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:37 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Who's the little person holding the box..?

Anyway, cool Karma-bomb! I love the B-17. It's my all-time favorite bomber - of any era! I have the old Monogram awaiting some day to be opened and agonized over. I wish someone would come out with a new-tooled 1/48 version.

Anyway anyway, can't wait to see the build pics!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 09-21-2014, 07:56 PM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

could you take the classic picture of the model with a coke can in the shot? i really would like to know how big this thing is.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:36 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
I wish someone would come out with a new-tooled 1/48 version.
Oh me too! Do it Hasegawa style, everything modular, and come out with everything from the B to the G. A dream come true.

Quote:
Anyway anyway, can't wait to see the build pics!
It'll be a little while - need some brass first - but it will happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsenecal View Post
could you take the classic picture of the model with a coke can in the shot? i really would like to know how big this thing is.

I don't have a coke can handy...but here's a shot of it with a 109K and Tamiya spray can. Coke can shot will happen

Old 09-23-2014, 12:30 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Check this out.

First pic - absolutely zero glue used, just three small pieces of tape helping hold the fuselage halves together. This kit is superbly engineered - the wings attach similarly to the Monogram 1/48th Fortress, and they lock up TIGHT. Very very small seam, no flexing....just locks up like a safe. This will be perfect for transport or storage.

Second and third pics - she's on her wheels. The only things glued in this pic are the main wheels and horizontal stabilizers. Everything else is held together by friction or small pieces of Tamiya tape.

Control surfaces snap into place. They don't have gimmicky hinges, but they are positionable. This will make things easier for painting, too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG6148.jpg (114.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG6150.jpg (106.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG6153.jpg (116.2 KB, 64 views)
Old 09-23-2014, 06:20 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Wow...that fit does look really solid.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:03 AM

tsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to beholdtsenecal is a splendid one to behold

wow. that looks big enough to R/C.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:54 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:37 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Why is he beating up on his knees..?

Old 09-24-2014, 07:01 AM
It's gonna get real now.

Oh yes - I've seen several planes this size R/C-ed. It'd be interesting to make a mold of this model and shoot it with styrofoam. It'd make a fine park flyer.

?

Understatement! LOL

Now I just need to work on a name for her....
Old 09-24-2014, 03:08 PM

I remember the name of a B-17 from a book that I did not like.

FuckaDuck...

Old 09-24-2014, 03:30 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:25 PM

That's real nice. Love the nose art. It looks like you're almost done.

Are you going to get the 1/32 Lancaster as well?

It would be a nice paring.

Last edited by Tiberious; 09-24-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:22 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Quote:
Are you going to get the 1/32 Lancaster as well?

It would be a nice paring.
Oh yes it would! I'd love to build a Lanc, but not for me because I don't have room for it.

Sprue Brothers is running a sale on Eduard stuff this weekend so I ordered up Big Ed #1 and Machine Guns. I'll be able to get started on the fuselage as soon as it gets here.

MG's will eventually have these Master gun barrels ( ):