Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 11-29-2014, 03:46 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/537 Scale Shangri-La

That is looking awesome!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 11-29-2014, 05:54 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Very nice!
Old 11-30-2014, 01:22 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Minor update: Styrene spine details, secondary flush vents, impulse engine plate details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4679.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	586.1 KB
ID:	71436   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4680.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	590.9 KB
ID:	71437   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4681.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	467.7 KB
ID:	71438   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4682.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	407.3 KB
ID:	71439   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4683.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	389.8 KB
ID:	71440  
Old 12-01-2014, 02:58 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Sweet. Adds a lot!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-09-2014, 04:38 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

After much thought and a few sketches I revised the dorsal detail plates with a series of vents inspired by a '63 Corvette Stingray. Work also began on the lower secondary hull with recessed vents filtered with photo etched hex mesh and two hanger bay doors.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_4693.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	71478   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4694.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	520.6 KB
ID:	71479  
Old 12-09-2014, 05:03 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Damn but that's some beautiful work!
Old 12-09-2014, 06:59 AM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

I'm loving that mesh!
Old 12-09-2014, 08:21 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Looks great! That revised dorsal came out nice.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:25 PM
All ahead full

Work has finally resumed and first up was more detailing (hopefully final) on the impulse deck and strong back areas. Also, the bow finally received some attention as I built out the photon shroud and 'bumpers'. New landing pads were also scratched out on the ventral primary.

As I wait for new silicone and resin to arrive from SmoothOn, I'll begin building out the warp pylons and prepare for casting the primary hull.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_4746.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	71531   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4753.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	71532   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4754.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	364.8 KB
ID:	71533   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4756.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	372.0 KB
ID:	71534  
Old 12-22-2014, 07:57 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Not my kinda thing design wise as I'm set in my ways and a slightly crusty old bastard with the Connie or Refit being my faves only but have to say, that is some slick and clean work sah!

Rather smart progress thus far, please continue...
I know you will, just thought I'd say it
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 12-22-2014, 10:20 AM
All ahead full

Thanks for looking and the kinds words! Everyone had their aesthetic faves. I'm just exploring and having fun sculpting plastic.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:06 AM
All ahead full

Pylon wing construction has begun with some rough styrene sections cut to shape and sandwiched for depth. Spaces will be made to allow for flush vents on both forward the leading edges (inboard and outboard).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0980.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	71538   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0983.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	71539   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4782.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	71557   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4783.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	71558   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4785.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	71559   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4786.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	71560  

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 12-29-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:56 PM
All ahead full

Update 02JAN15:
Finalized all major construction on the hull. Funny thing with scratch-builds, you never know when you're really done with it. I keep seeing things I should have done, should still do or wish I hadn't done.

At this stage, I am contemplating scribing panel lines in the secondary and inboard pylons. Now these are complex, curved surfaces in difficult-to-access-areas, and as much as I loath scribing lines I think I have to attempt it. Another part of me says "Screw it. Paint them in later". But, I know I will have cheated myself some horrific defacing of virgin resin. I think I'll sleep on it.

Anyway, before I take her away for a long slumber of Aztec Masking and final texturing, here's a few shots of her in primer:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_4789.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	309.8 KB
ID:	71590   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4792.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	71591   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4793.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	71592   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4796.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	71593   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4797.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	71594   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4798.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	71595   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4802.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	71596   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4804.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	71597  

Name:	_MG_4805.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	71598   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_4807.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	71599  
Old 01-09-2015, 05:18 PM
All ahead full

Size comparison of the Shangri-La with the heavy cruiser Ticonderoga:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_4813.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	71637  
Old 01-09-2015, 08:20 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Damn that's cool!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!