Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 06-17-2015, 03:04 PM

Captain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My 1/350 TOS Enterprise build

I can't thank you enough Trek...but I'll try! Many Thanks sir!
Old 06-20-2015, 06:51 PM

Captain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to behold

OK, FOR FUN I am showing you how (exactly) I did the pic for FSM.

First here's the set up...I have an LED high powered light hitting the rear of the saucer...same as I did in the FSM PHOTO. I also used the same inner fan domes. The outside domes are my current domes with the three taps and sprayed clear flat...I am not damaging another set of domes.

The first picture...

The same picture Cropped(you can still see the stand)

Put in the starfield with the phasers firing..

And the Final shot with the grain added to get the TOS effect..

Old 06-22-2015, 05:08 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Nice.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FafLff8Mu9c

Last edited by Captain Han Solo; 06-22-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:03 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXFP...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-19-2015, 05:00 AM

I was recently given the OK to share some exciting news. My 1/350 Polar Lights original series Enterprise will have a page in the Star Trek "Ships of the Line" Calendar available around August/September of 2016. Through a collaborative effort with Jeff Summers from Media One Visual Arts(Jeff and I collaborated on my 1/35 Jupiter 2 image seen on the Moebius box and lighting kit box art) and because Doug Drexler (visual effects artist for Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and many others) , had the idea of using my practical Build up in a publication that usually employees CGI rendered Starships. Doug saw something in my build up that fueled the idea of using my actual build up in the Calendar.Jeff Summers put my build up in an image that is sure to fire the imagination. Both Jeff and I are honored to be Part of Star Trek's "Ships of the Line". Many, Many thanks to Doug Drexler for this incredible oppertunity! The actual image will only be seen in the Calendar. Here is the build up on a recent visit to my Local Hobby Store.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:39 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Awesome, congratulations
Old 06-16-2016, 04:11 AM

Here are more pictures of my 1/350 build...

A tribute to one of my Favorite episodes...

Another boring shot...At least there's no lawn furniture in the pic!

1:350 TOS 1701Build up - YouTube
Old 06-16-2016, 04:19 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Awesome job, very realistic recreation.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:22 AM

Old 06-20-2016, 05:21 PM

Last edited by Captain Han Solo; 06-21-2016 at 04:48 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:45 PM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

Sweet.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:05 AM

Artist Michael L Stribling's beautiful cover of the Star Trek Comic vol. 5 is now available. Michael used a pic of my 1/350 Enterprise build up on the cover...Many thanks Michael!

Old 06-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Humble Aspirant

Wow, congratulations!
Old 07-06-2016, 02:35 PM

I refined the model a bit per the new info on the 11' restored miniature. Instead of boring bench top photos, I like my builds doing their thing...So I put her in space.