Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 03-02-2015, 07:23 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1/537 Scale Wasp Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
I have a request of sorts. When you have these lovely ships completed can you recreate this same shot?

http://www.resinilluminati.com/attac...0&d=1424658690
Oh, absolutely! I imagine there will be many photo ops with this trio as well as with the Lagrange.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Excellent!

Lagrange? You have yet more awesomeness to show? Ha! Sorry- totally forgot- long damn day!.

Keep up the great work.

Last edited by Road Warrior; 03-02-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:50 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Excellent!

Lagrange? You have yet more awesomeness to show? Ha! Sorry- totally forgot- long damn day!.

Keep up the great work.
Thanks! No problem ~ Lagrange is a scratch-built transport I built 30 years ago. Here's a link to an album here:

http://www.resinilluminati.com/album.php?albumid=186
Old 03-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Wow- from the first pic you had up I thought that it was a modified kit. I knew you were talented- just not HOW talented.

These ships bring a smile to my face and take me back many a year.

Just out of curiosity....what other ships from this era to you have a particular interest in?
Old 03-04-2015, 06:55 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Wow- from the first pic you had up I thought that it was a modified kit. I knew you were talented- just not HOW talented.

These ships bring a smile to my face and take me back many a year.

Just out of curiosity....what other ships from this era to you have a particular interest in?
Thanks so much Warrior! Yeah, this is not a kit, all custom made. This is my favorite starship era (besides TOS) to work in.

I really love exploring the idea of creating other ship designs within this motion picture era. Whether they be frigates, destroyers, light cruisers, battleships, transports or carriers, I want to shed some love into developing the aesthetic. There's got to be more than glueing kit-provided primary hulls and roll bars into different configurations.

From the first 6 films, the only Starfleet ships we've seen besides Enterprise were: Reliant, Grissom, Excelsior, Enterprise B (Excelsior re-dress) and Saratoga (Reliant re-dress). Not a lot to go on. Reliant used basic components from Enterprise and dressed with tons of surface detail. Grissom was strangely dissimilar to anything established before. Excelsior was the E on steroids. So, I feel the playing field is pretty wide open. But at the same time I want to create a fleet as though Andrew Probert was uniformly designing them as he did the Refit Enterprise. Consistent in contouring, detailing, balance and markings while still being original. This is what's exciting about these builds.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 03-04-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:01 PM
All ahead full

Created a vent from .06 styrene bits for the winglets. This one was fitted first to the starboard side and primed quickly. Unsure if I will mirror this on the underside of each wing.

Edit: Finished the wing vents top and bottom, port and starboard. I'm not sure just what they're for but I sure do like the looks of them.

"Those vents, sir, are the problem. I don't know what they are. Neither do the British. Perhaps our friends in Murmansk have come up with something new."

I was thinking possibly countermeasures ports or auxiliary Magneto-hydrodynamic propulsion…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5917.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	400.1 KB
ID:	72005   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5918.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	72022   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5919.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	72023   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5920.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	72024   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5922.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	72025  

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 03-07-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Thanks so much Warrior! Yeah, this is not a kit, all custom made. This is my favorite starship era (besides TOS) to work in.

I really love exploring the idea of creating other ship designs within this motion picture era. Whether they be frigates, destroyers, light cruisers, battleships, transports or carriers, I want to shed some love into developing the aesthetic. There's got to be more than glueing kit-provided primary hulls and roll bars into different configurations.

From the first 6 films, the only Starfleet ships we've seen besides Enterprise were: Reliant, Grissom, Excelsior, Enterprise B (Excelsior re-dress) and Saratoga (Reliant re-dress). Not a lot to go on. Reliant used basic components from Enterprise and dressed with tons of surface detail. Grissom was strangely dissimilar to anything established before. Excelsior was the E on steroids. So, I feel the playing field is pretty wide open. But at the same time I want to create a fleet as though Andrew Probert was uniformly designing them as he did the Refit Enterprise. Consistent in contouring, detailing, balance and markings while still being original. This is what's exciting about these builds.
Absolutely right. Keep it up!!
Old 03-08-2015, 05:56 PM
All ahead full

Wasp is just about completed with all major hull fabrication. The impulse shroud master was finished, cast and mounted to the stern. I'm still fussing over the photon tube. The standard size nozzles are too large for the pod I was planning. I may have to completely scratch this last component which also has to encompass the brass stand that passes through the stinger.

Here's a set of pics of her in primer as she stands now:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_5926.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	72041   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5927.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	72042   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5928.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	72043   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5929.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	72044   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5933.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	72045   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5939.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	296.9 KB
ID:	72046   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5938.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	72047   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5940.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	72048  

Name:	_MG_5941.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	72049  
Old 03-09-2015, 07:36 PM
Imperial

Superb! In every sense of the word.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:59 PM
All ahead full

Scribing of the lower primary ~ using an Xacto knife clamped into a compass.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_MG_5957.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	72100  
Old 03-22-2015, 07:40 PM
All ahead full

Photon module was mastered in styrene this weekend:

Old 03-23-2015, 06:41 AM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Scribing of the lower primary ~ using an Xacto knife clamped into a compass.
That looks pretty nice man!
Old 03-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice

Hey bud, are you painting her in the same style, and color pattern as the Ticondroga?

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:18 PM
All ahead full

It'll have the same aztec and shades of gray. Were you talking about the darker gray band around the Ticon's top primary? I imagine I will be infusing some panels in tones of blue in select areas.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Lets... Lets do that!

Miketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really niceMiketech1982 is just really nice

I wasn't meaing anything specific except for the over all color scheme that you to did on the Ticon, I remember you were toying with going with a similar scheme on the Shangri La. It'll look great having all three kinda in the same colors. Kinda like a battle group would all have similar markings. I can't wait to see them all done up and ready to warp out on patrol

The result of a love of the hobby, and way too much time on my hands.