Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 07-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Hood Class Battlecruiser

Simply fantastic!
Old 07-23-2015, 11:22 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

You make me want to build a TOS!!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 07-24-2015, 02:23 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Looks good so far!
Old 09-11-2016, 08:35 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Project: Hood has returned back to the bench. Now that Repulse is in master production for printing, I've switched gears to resurrect this 1:350 build. Since I was on a roll with developing Repulse in 3D using Sketchup, I saw the ease in fleshing out many ideas by doing the same for Hood. Previously, I built a 1:1000 study model and while that helped as a proof of concept with the general arrangement, I still had problem areas with the intersection of the impulse/dorsal/bridge module. i think I'm finally happy with the results and can start cutting brass and plastic SOON.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-25-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:54 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 09-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

All ahead full, Admiral.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:27 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

The struts and the impulse deck look awesome.

Another great one on the way!

Old 09-12-2016, 05:57 PM

One question though? Any forward torpedo launchers?

Old 09-13-2016, 08:10 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
One question though? Any forward torpedo launchers?
Oh yes - I'm still deciding on placement for them as well as the type and number of phaser mounts.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:26 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Gorgeous design. Very subtle, which should be a different challenge from previous builds-- to be similar, yet obviously had some master manipulation.
Questions:
1) How much of the original TOS-e will be used in this build? Saucer, engines, and secondary hull all look like they may be original to the Polar Lights/Round2 kit?
2) Will this use the new phasers from Sentinel? (I'm assuming this is nearly the same technological level as Sentinel...)
3) I like the new "mega impulse deck"-- any particular inspiration for this design?
4) Sentinel had a proposed shuttle design- will this have a TMP-inspired/late TOS shuttle in her hangar deck...?

Best-
-SF
Old 09-13-2016, 10:19 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Gorgeous design. Very subtle, which should be a different challenge from previous builds-- to be similar, yet obviously had some master manipulation.
Questions:
1) How much of the original TOS-e will be used in this build? Saucer, engines, and secondary hull all look like they may be original to the Polar Lights/Round2 kit?
2) Will this use the new phasers from Sentinel? (I'm assuming this is nearly the same technological level as Sentinel...)
3) I like the new "mega impulse deck"-- any particular inspiration for this design?
4) Sentinel had a proposed shuttle design- will this have a TMP-inspired/late TOS shuttle in her hangar deck...?

Best-
-SF
Thanks SF!

1) The main idea here was to use the 1:350 TOS E kit as much as possible. I had bought it last year with the intent of using it as the basis for Sentinel - which turned out to be an entirely new design and the only parts I used from it were the white domes for the primary and hangar. (I'll have to order new ones for Hood.) So, modifying the existing kit primary, dorsal, secondary and nacelles should be fairly easy. I already know where to make the cuts based on the 1000 study model version. The nacelles will be the most modified with new caps, rings (hopefully JT-Printed) and sculpted lower half. The pylons will be scratch-built from styrene. The bridge module will most likely follow the same sculpt/mold procedure as Sentinel's. The impulse deck/neck should be straight forward - and cut from styrene.

2) Yes, I'm capitalizing on technology I've already developed with Sentinel on both Repulse and Hood - as they are all built around the same time frame and from the same shipyard. Plus, I have a bunch of these!

3) Automotive tail light design is my biggest inspiration to impulse drives - specifically, 1960's Chryslers. 67-68 Newport:

4) Yes! If I ever get a spare moment to create a 350 version - Sentinel, Repulse and Hood will all have N-Type shuttlecraft aboard.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-25-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:30 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE the real life inspiration for the impulse engines. Not so much the cars though they are pretty, but the fact that you saw the design elements and thought they might make great impulse engines. That's the brain of a creative.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:09 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Klingon View Post
I LOVE the real life inspiration for the impulse engines. Not so much the cars though they are pretty, but the fact that you saw the design elements and thought they might make great impulse engines. That's the brain of a creative.
Aww. Thank you Tom! That means a lot coming from you.

In lieu of model pics yet to come, here's more artwork...

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-25-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:02 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Nice. What's the emblem?
Old 09-14-2016, 02:21 PM
All ahead full

I've placed the original (alternative) design here temporarily. I have recently revisited the logo design concepts and this one still appeals to me.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-25-2017 at 02:31 PM.