Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 02-21-2016, 09:34 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default Trumpeter 1/35 Hind Mi-24 Gunship

Hi everyone
Well, time I did another WIP thread here. I wasn't going to start this yet as I really wanted to finish of my BSG Pegasus but I couldn't resist the urge to start it, so here I am
This is a well known kit and I think it deserves all the positive comments it got when it was released. It's a little sparse on some details, but that nothing some plastic strip and lead/copper wire won't cure
The only after market I'll be using for this are the Czech decals I have coming and the Eduard masking set

I have made the obligatory start with the cockpit. I spent a LONG time looking for the right colours to use for that Turquoise blue that the Hind's are known for and I found the closets match I could with Game Color's Turquoise - it's almost, if not, dead on to the pictures I have. I sprayed it over Tamiya Fine White primer and it looks awesome. Next comes the tedious task of masking out the control panels!

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I couldn't get the camera to truly show the colour of those panels. They look much better in the plastic

I have also added some missing detail from the back of the pilots seat. How much of this will be seen once the fuselage halves are together remains to be seen - I highly doubt anything will be, but I know it's there and now, so do you

And that's it for now. I will keep on detailing and painting and will be back with some progress later

Till then
MH
Old 02-22-2016, 06:36 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Trumpeter 1/35 Hind Mi-24 Gunship

Nice looking start. Love the extra 'pipe' work.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 02-22-2016, 06:46 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

cheers Thom

Little more done last night. I have painted most of the panels but still have to do a couple more. However, it's damn hot here today (37) so I won't be doing anything for the rest of today

Seats are almost done - just need to add the belts

Sorry, that's all I have for now. I'll be back again once I have something more worthy to show

Thanks for looking

MH
Old 02-24-2016, 05:10 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

I have the big Hind at home myself----- I'll be following this!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-28-2016, 07:52 PM

thanks bud. It is a good kit - just BIG!

Small update. The cockpit is almost finished - I'm just waiting on the seat belts to dry and then they'll be attached t the seats and then a few more cables to add before it's done. I'm thinking I may need to build the shroud that covers the gunner's seat as it's quite a prominent feature that's missing. If it works out to be too hard, I may just skip it and hope no one notices

I've also spent some time creating the ribbing in the troop compartment. Trumpeter have left this area really bare for some reason, but it's nothing some strip styrene and some basic measuring can't fix. I'll add the missing cabling to it later today. I've also scribed in some missing lines from the floor plate and added some ribbing to the rear wall

Well, that's it for now. I've been sanding the roof plate where the engines sit to hide the nasty sink and location marks (not really worth photos just yet) and I'll start the inside paint work pretty soon

As always, thanks for looking

MH
Old 02-28-2016, 08:49 PM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice

Nice attention to detail.

TazMan2000
Old 02-29-2016, 05:42 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Nice!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 02-29-2016, 03:05 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Great going. Like the added details. And that paint looks great.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:05 PM

thanks guys

Well, the troop compartment is done and is all ready to go together. I am not going to add the seats as a lot of them were taken out during service as the crews didn't like them very much and found the troops to be a big distraction (according to Wikipedia). I also think it looks better without them. There wasn't a lot of extra things to go in, after the last set of pictures.

I also spent some time making some of the sub assemblies, like the rotor head and the wings. I read a few people had fit issues with the wings, but I didn't seem to have any. and they went together well.

I started to ad the plumbing to the rotor heads - the rest of the pipe work will go on once the blades are in place. I've also drilled out the front gun barrels to make it look better than how Trumpeter would have you do it

Well, that's it for this week.

MH
Old 03-06-2016, 06:40 PM

very short update for now, but it's taken me quite a while just to get this far

The engines.... I wasn't going to detail these as I thought they were all right out of the box, however, after seeing a few pictures of these online, I decided I may as well do something with them

This is the accumulation of 5 hours work - not much really in the greater scheme of things

Only 3 photos sorry.

I have added some paint already to them and will show the final shots of this area later

MH
Old 03-07-2016, 08:41 AM

Those engines looks sweet, and I like the extra detailing in the interior.

Old 03-07-2016, 02:28 PM
My ass is itchy...

Fantastic MH! Good stuff!

Old 03-07-2016, 07:28 PM

thanks guys.I'm pretty with how they're coming out myself

Work continues along. I've added some missing wiring and piping onto the engine base/roof. There is more to add yet, but I need to wait until the engines are attached before I add the rest of it. There is also a boxlike thing up front next to the intakes which is missing. Its quite prominent and I am surprise Trumpeter missed it. I will live without it.

And I have also started detailing the wheel wells. I know that Eduard provide a PE set for this kit and part of it includes some braces in the front bay area. Because I', cheap, I built my own and they look fine. I don't often turn my builds over once they're done, so I am not to concerned if there are mistakes. They look like the pictures I have, so that'll do

I have also started putting together some of the smaller sub-assemblies but no photos of those yet as they are not the most exciting thing ever....yet

MH
Old 03-13-2016, 07:50 PM

Greetings all

Work progresses and quite nicely as well. I have the 2 halves all buttoned up and it's now time to do a lot of cleaning up.

Sorry about some of the following photos - I was having a play around with the editor function and I may have incidentally made some of them not look so good. Apologies in advance

The wheel wells are all plumbed up and ready to lightly weather

Well, that's it for now, but thanks for looking

MH
Old 03-14-2016, 09:09 AM

That it for now?! That's not just it. That's awesome!!