Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 08-29-2016, 06:11 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 USS Repulse - TOS Heavy Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Admiral your Avatar is most awesome. Can you imagine big budget trek movies in the late 60s? I can!
Thanks RW! I'm always imagining my Trek in the golden age of Hollywood with the retro Dream-team-casting options available. Although I pick my crew from actors over a variety of eras, I prefer those most popular in TV and films from the late 50's and 60's and try to picture what might have been Trek had it gone into 4, 5 and 6 seasons, a spinoff series (Star Trek: Sentinel / Repulse!) or even a major motion picture in '69.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-29-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:01 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

I would love to get those in /1000! Saves space on the shelf and the wallet!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

I'll take a Repulse, Sentinel, and Wasp in 1/350, please.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:56 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Thanks Tiberious! I know the Repulse will be mastered in 350 as that is what I need to build mine. I am not certain what JT scale intends to release the others. My guess would be 1000 and 350, as they are the popular scales right now.
Do you have a say in how the kits are produced? (Like, what scales, structural design of the model parts, what scales, ship names, what scales, etc? )

Best-
-SF
Old 08-30-2016, 06:08 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Do you have a say in how the kits are produced? (Like, what scales, structural design of the model parts, what scales, ship names, what scales, etc? )

Best-
-SF
Jeff is the master at engineering the individual components to have the correct wall thickness, part separations, locator pins and alignment lips so I will leave that up to him. As far as ship names go, I already have a listing of my 12 for this class. Whether or not he decides to include a full decal sheet of all twelve or leave that as an add-on or custom registry sheet is again up to his discretion. Since he is the one doing all of the heavy lifting and it's his business to produce and sell the kits, all I can do is make suggestions. I'm only the designer in this situation.

Speaking of ship names...

Repulse Class Destroyer

NCC-3200 Repulse
NCC-3201 Axiom
NCC-3202 Renown
NCC-3203 Provenance
NCC-3204 Sheffield
NCC-3205 Dorsetshire
NCC-3206 Alert
NCC-3207 Achilles
NCC-3208 Tau-Lanai
NCC-3209 Magneto
NCC-3210 Cobalt
NCC-3211 Caitriona
NCC-3212 Assurance
NCC-3213 Swift
NCC-3214 Arethusa
Old 08-30-2016, 07:16 AM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

I can;t wait for cooler weather so I can wear my Sentinel shirt.

Looking forward to watching this project take shape.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:34 AM
All ahead full

Getting pretty close to the final design on Repulse. Someone had made an off-comment on FB about her looking "fat" so I trimmed her belly down about 20%. I like to think of her as 'sturdy and curvy'. New Orthos and profile, playing with registry placement and pennants. Some more minor details need added - windows, docking ports and main gangway hatches, panel lines. So far, I think she's on the right track for WF17.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-10-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:34 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Robert Mitchum! Good choice! A tough, handsome Captain for a tough, handsome ship!

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."

Last edited by Trekriffic; 09-01-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Has a very nice profile!!
Old 09-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Humble Aspirant

Grey stripes return! Huzzah!
Old 09-01-2016, 03:44 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

She is a sexy little package!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 09-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Den Mother

Mark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very elegant design Bill.

One question though...

If it's a heavy shouldn't have a phaser bank on the belly that can fire forward?

Just curious.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:49 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yungblut View Post
It's a very elegant design Bill.

One question though...

If it's a heavy shouldn't have a phaser bank on the belly that can fire forward?

Just curious.
Thanks Mark! Yes, she sure should. I still haven't worked out all of the phaser locations yet but I do plan on one on the very bottom of the lower hull for full coverage. That area also will require a planetary sensor dome too - integrated into the hull. Details, details, details…
Old 09-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Den Mother

Mark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking forward to seeing your build process on this one...

If you need any mill work done just let me know. I should have my new studio up and running by the end of October at the latest.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

The bottom view reminds me of the bottom of the Excelsior secondary hull