Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-07-2020, 02:24 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Thank you so much for that link to the perfect tool! I just bought one
The grey sheet is Hobby Base 0.14mm sheet styrene. Its no longer made but I bought a fair bit if it a few years ago
It came in 1, 1.5, 2 and 5 mm strips as well which I also bought a packet of each, however, I'm nearly out of those and will have to resort to cutting strips off the B4 sized sheet
Old 01-20-2020, 04:15 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

hi guys
quick update. I've finished with the top side of the nose section for now and won't be adding any more surface detail to it until it's joined to the rear section.
I'll be moving on the the main superstructure sidewalls and finish those off plus the roof sections and then add the last of the surface detail to the right side.

Sorry for worktop pictures, but I couldn't be bothered getting out the photo tent tonight - too much effort

It's current rest place:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ihvFor]

Well, that's it for now but as always, thanks for stopping in and having a look
Till next time
Si
Old 01-20-2020, 04:28 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That is a lot of teeny tiny itty-bitty etsie-weenie pieces! But all looking well worth the time. Certainly brings it more alive.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 02-07-2020, 08:07 PM

Thanks Thom

So, I have managed to get most of the starboard sidewalls and roof parts detailing done with only 3 left to go. Then it'll be time to blend in the walls to the surface and add some other stuff around - then the last part of the top side surface detailing will be over.
I'm still deciding if I will paint first then add the fiber or vice versa. I'm leaning toward paint first because I just think it'd be too hard to be able to trim off fibers without damaging the paint work but shuddering at time it'll take to do it like that. No pain no gain right?
Anyway, here's some pics of where I am at currently

That's it for now, but as always, thanks for stopping in and having a look

Si
Old 02-08-2020, 09:08 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

You are all over this with a vengance MH! Stunning micro workmanship across the whole deal
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 02-08-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:58 AM

Thanks mate!