Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 05-04-2021, 06:20 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Alliance Jem'Hadar Fighter

I wanted a simple project to do to get used to Tamiya paints. (I have only used Model Master Enamels) This kit seemed to be a good kit to learn with.

The kit scales out to about 1/575. It's resin and is 2 pieces. The main hull with the warp nacelles and the upper armor section.

These ships appeared to be Gray on screen (at least to my eyes) but the studio model was actually Purple. Tamiya only makes one color of Purple X-16. I felt that X-16 would be okay for some of the panels but it was too vibrant for the base color. So I made a custom color. I mixed X-16 and XF-66 Light Gray together in a 50:50 ratio and I had my base color. As always the model was washed and scrubbed to remove any lingering mold release. I primed the parts with Tamiya Gray Primer. I then applied the base coat. I then began the process of masking off sections for detail painting following pictures of the studio model. After all of the panels were painted I lightly airbrushed White over a couple panels to add some depth. The warp nacelles and the stripes on the underside of the ship were painted with Alclad Chrome and then candy coated with Mr. Color Clear Purple. I gave the model 2 coats of Future and the used Tamiya panel line accent to pop the details. After the was was cleaned up. I used Flattened Future to tone down the shine and the model was complete.

The base is just a wooden plaque from a craft store that I stained and I added the Dominion logo to.

The whole project took about a month to complete. I was surprised at how easy Tamiya paints were to work with. I had tried them years ago and they didn't perform. Turns out that Tamiya paints respond better if they are thinned with Tamiya thinners. I pretty happy with how the model turned out.

Old 05-07-2021, 12:24 AM

Bridger has a spectacular aura aboutBridger has a spectacular aura aboutBridger has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Alliance Jem'Hadar Fighter

Outstanding Job!
Old 05-10-2021, 05:49 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Re: Alliance Jem'Hadar Fighter

Thank you