Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 11-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Light Cruiser

Never considered 2001 when approaching such a thing. Excellent work.

Btw,.... will your future Essex be of an existing class or a something new?

Last edited by Road Warrior; 11-16-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:19 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Never considered 2001 when approaching such a thing. Excellent work.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm full of dumb ideas.

Quote:
Btw,.... will your future Essex be of an existing class or a something new?
Essex will be a entirely new ship if it ever gets off the idea board. There is another 350 TMP project Code Named Arielle which is on paper and in concept stage. This one is more likely a going concern over Essex. Again, all new designs on some existing standards.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 11-16-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
[...] Essex will be a entirely new ship if it ever gets off the idea board. There is another 350 TMP project Code Named Arielle which is on paper and in concept stage. This one is more likely a going concern over Essex. Again, all new designs on some existing standards.
Wait- what? Essex and Arielle? Pics? Sketches? Cocktail napkin doodles?
Help a guy out, here, throw me a bone!
Old 11-17-2015, 03:15 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Wait- what? Essex and Arielle? Pics? Sketches? Cocktail napkin doodles?
Help a guy out, here, throw me a bone!
I've got plenty of bones. Some actually have meat on them.

My Essex (cloud concept) may merge certain elements into the Arielle concept - which began as a variant of the Wasp - and will take on an additional function of reutilizing a 350 Reliant hull (Don S). That's a lot of pot stirring but eventually this will all boil down to hopefully something good. I can almost taste it.

Without hijacking too much of the Sentinel thread, I attached some VERY EARLY napkin doodles of Arielle:

Arielle will be declassified as a SCIENCE vessel. I'm still playing around with pylon configurations and overall hull shape in trying to blend the Miranda primary. Yes, that is a AWACS dome on B1. The warp engines would be custom designed as well.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-14-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:09 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

1) Holy Crap. I'll take one of each, please.
2) In the cocktail-napkin doodle, bottom right, most "detailed" drawing in that corner: what is the ... thing... under the secondary hull extension? Looks like another AWACS-ish add-on?
3) In B1: the engines are a quality design unto themselves. Make copies in 1/350 and 1/1000, sell a few as kitbash opportunities. Gotta be at least as popular as the LN-68/Ra'an engines, I think...
4) In A1: the ship reminds me of the kitbash fleet from DS9 (but, er, in a good way). As if, in the intervening years between TWOK and the end of DS9, surely Starfleet yard engineers used old component like a Reliant, mixed with some original parts (in your case, a familiar cigar-shaped secondary hull).
5) I definitely want to see a top-down view of B1.
6) Any plans to cobble together 1/1000 study models?

Best-
Old 11-17-2015, 05:13 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
1) Holy Crap. I'll take one of each, please.
2) In the cocktail-napkin doodle, bottom right, most "detailed" drawing in that corner: what is the ... thing... under the secondary hull extension? Looks like another AWACS-ish add-on?
3) In B1: the engines are a quality design unto themselves. Make copies in 1/350 and 1/1000, sell a few as kitbash opportunities. Gotta be at least as popular as the LN-68/Ra'an engines, I think...
4) In A1: the ship reminds me of the kitbash fleet from DS9 (but, er, in a good way). As if, in the intervening years between TWOK and the end of DS9, surely Starfleet yard engineers used old component like a Reliant, mixed with some original parts (in your case, a familiar cigar-shaped secondary hull).
5) I definitely want to see a top-down view of B1.
6) Any plans to cobble together 1/1000 study models?

Best-
2) Yes, I think I was exploring some ideas of placing the AWAC underneath the hull. Depending on how I finally orient the nacelles, that will dictate how the profile will balance the placement of the AWAC.

4) The cigar-shaped central hull "bulge" blends the bridge through the impulse but there is also a desire to blend the chopped rear of the primary - widening it to a more fluid taper and then to re-engineer the hangar doors. So, there's a lot of geometry to play with. The original Essex design - now that I look back at my notes was a 4-engine, double wide beast. There is that element of a wider "secondary" which might encompass the lower half of Arielle - almost a ram-scoop, if you will. How that blends into the upper half - I have no idea. The AWAC would also appear to be sectioned from a natural hull swoop.

6) I think a study model makes perfect sense! I usually don't need one once I have my views nailed down but we'll see!
Old 11-17-2015, 06:59 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Those are fantastic. My hat is off to you sir. You do GET it when it comes to ship design.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:43 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Love that A-1 profile! Those ships look dang sexy.

And yes, if you could create some 1/1000 nacelles for bashing, that would be awesome.

How are the 1/1000 Wasp and Shangri La coming along..?

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 11-18-2015, 07:26 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
You do GET it when it comes to ship design.

That is the TRUTH.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Humble Aspirant

I'm taking a poll:
Admiral Buck should start a line of kits, "parts," t-shirts, patches, blueprints, and schwag.
[ ] Yes!
[ ] Of Course!
[ ] Absolutely!

The results are non-binding, and the Admiral can feel free to work with whoever he wants to get this off the ground (I respect the fact that he doesn't want to be a kit manufacturer).

Me, I'm not sure where I land in that poll. Torn between "YES!" and "ABSOLUTELY!" - I mean, I don't want to come across as a total fan-tool. Right?

Best-
Old 11-18-2015, 02:53 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
I'm taking a poll:
Admiral Buck should start a line of kits, "parts," t-shirts, patches, blueprints, and schwag.
[ ] Yes!
[ ] Of Course!
[ ] Absolutely!

The results are non-binding, and the Admiral can feel free to work with whoever he wants to get this off the ground (I respect the fact that he doesn't want to be a kit manufacturer).

Me, I'm not sure where I land in that poll. Torn between "YES!" and "ABSOLUTELY!" - I mean, I don't want to come across as a total fan-tool. Right?

Best-
You know, I started to work on that swag-store via CafePress. I still have work to do to get it all set up so that you, me or someone else could order a Sentinel shirt or travel mug if they wanted. I'll post a link here when it's ready.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Humble Aspirant

Quote:
You know, I started to work on that swag-store via CafePress. I still have work to do to get it all set up so that you, me or someone else could order a Sentinel shirt or travel mug if they wanted. I'll post a link here when it's ready.

Throw in Wasp schwag, it's already drawn, right?
Old 11-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Imperial

I think I would/will buy any Ship or Ship Development patch the man can make.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:12 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I've got plenty of bones. Some actually have meat on them.

My Essex (cloud concept) may merge certain elements into the Arielle concept - which began as a variant of the Wasp - and will take on an additional function of reutilizing a 350 Reliant hull (Don S). That's a lot of pot stirring but eventually this will all boil down to hopefully something good. I can almost taste it.

Without hijacking too much of the Sentinel thread, I attached some VERY EARLY napkin doodles of Arielle:

Arielle will be declassified as a SCIENCE vessel. I'm still playing around with pylon configurations and overall hull shape in trying to blend the Miranda primary. Yes, that is a AWACS dome on B1. The warp engines would be custom designed as well.
AB, these are absolutely beautiful!

Will you be doing other views of these ships? Would love to add them to the SSDB, with your permission, and if you consider them complete.

Last edited by 137th Gebirg; 11-19-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:16 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by 137th Gebirg View Post
AB, these are absolutely beautiful!

Will you be doing other views of these ships? Would love to add them to the SSDB, with your permission, and if you consider them complete.
Thank you! I appreciate the interest in these doodles. And at the moment, that's all they are. I've spent no more than a handful of minutes on these ideas and I would rather see these further developed than have them republished elsewhere if you don't mind. Arielle will be the next project in the pipeline and she's got a long way to go to being finalized.