Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-13-2017, 06:58 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future
Default 1:1000 Nimitz class Battle Frigate

Hey All, another custom for the same client as the 'USS Ripley', Nimitz Battle Frigate. ( I just love the work 'Frigate' for vessels!)
Any-who, Taking another 1:1000 Polar Lights snap-fit kit as a starting point, the Nimitz will be and undertaking, given the huge upper deck 'bulges' P&S, and those crazy pylons! It will be a combination of a Chandley & Soyuz designs. As originally designed, those upper bulges cut right through the recessed details on the Miranda upper hull, what a waste! So I proposed to move the 'bulges' outboard from center, client liked it and that did the trick.
I intend to use sheet stock to lay up the walls instead of machining & carving solid blocks. When in doubt, get the card stock out! I use it all of the time to work out complex shapes and volumes. I used it here to work out my cutting templates for the various walls.
Before laying up the walls, I added the Soyuz secondary hull too the Miranda hull. I did this now so I could get a nice fit & finish without having to work around those darn bulges! It is the Multi-verse after market kit. The bridge was also added at this time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nimitz Class Battle Frigate copy.jpg (111.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz1.jpg (69.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz19.jpg (32.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz3.jpg (40.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz4.jpg (64.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz5.jpg (59.1 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by srspicer; 06-13-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:10 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1:1000 Nimitz class Battle Frigate

Time to cut sheet stock and lay it up onto the hull. I added a ton of extra bracing because of the extreme bend to the upper wall of those bulges. I did not want anything springing apart!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nimitz7.jpg (42.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz9.jpg (70.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz23.jpg (84.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz22.jpg (93.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz8.jpg (77.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz17.jpg (59.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz18.jpg (68.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz27.jpg (59.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-14-2017, 07:40 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Was never a fan of the Chandley design - what you're doing here is a definite improvement! Look forward to seeing it as it progresses.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:08 AM

Thanx much!

Yeah, those 'wonky' pylons are next. Don't know why they are so far from the hull but here goes.......
Tons of angles to replicate, lots of measuring to get them! And these are just the upper sections! The lower section are next, the part that attaches to the engines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nimitz29.jpg (68.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz30.jpg (31.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz31.jpg (54.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz32.jpg (55.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz34.jpg (81.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz35.jpg (56.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-18-2017, 05:20 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Very nice. Unfamiliar with this one..
Old 06-19-2017, 04:50 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Nice styrene work.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:32 PM

Just a small update; I have added some more after-market & custom details to the bottom of the saucer. The cut out for the bow torpedo tubes is in place as well. I have also created new pylons for the sensor turrets. The large pylons for the Soyuz kit will not fit because of the Bulges in the hull.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nimitz40.jpg (47.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz41.jpg (54.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz42.jpg (55.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 07-27-2017, 09:49 PM

Vidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really niceVidar710 is just really nice

Neat project!

Pretty cool seeing my research and scratch build for the Bozeman/Soyuz masters rescaled to 1/1000 scale!

Tracy
Old 08-02-2017, 07:16 AM

This is all my own work, not using other sources. I was given line art and aftermarket kits and client guidence to create what I have so far.

Last edited by srspicer; 08-04-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:28 PM

More progress;
I have the deflector grid lines scribed, detailing and a final primer coat on the main portion of the model. I also, finally have the nacelles attached. Once they are detailed and primed its on to the white hull coat & decals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nimitz55.jpg (84.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz66.jpg (98.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz65.jpg (83.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz64.jpg (87.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz63.jpg (92.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz62.jpg (79.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz67.jpg (82.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz70.jpg (81.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 11-04-2017, 08:52 PM

The hull white has been applied with the equipment areas masked off to retain the gray color. Making some progress on the decals, just a few to add...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nimitz72.jpg (98.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz73.jpg (95.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz74.jpg (90.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz80.jpg (80.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz81.jpg (63.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz76.jpg (83.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz77.jpg (82.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Nimitz78.jpg (88.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-23-2017, 05:57 AM

The Nimitz is finished, the rest of her story is in the "finished Models' section. Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nimitz92.jpg (112.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 11-23-2017, 02:11 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

I saw this yesterday at AST. Fantastic work! She turned out looking great!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!