Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 12-03-2017, 03:32 AM

Hectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Another Star Wars Mega Build on the way

Thumb is finally better (had to have it stitched!), going to be starting again tomorrow - HORRAH!
Sadly had to buy some more kits for detailing all Tamiya 1/700th ships (if they're not in the 1980 catalogue they're not being used), wanted to use Junyo but couldn't see on the web whether they were old or New tooling?
Going to be some hard core building next week!
Old 12-03-2017, 05:53 AM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Sorry about that, what happened to your thumb? Obviously you cut it, modeling?
Old 12-03-2017, 08:24 AM

Hectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to behold

My own stupid fault.
I was scoring thick ABS all set to go and had forgotten to put my glasses on. Couldn't be bothered to stop, put them on and re-line up the score. Then went straight through the top of my thumb, loads of blood hanging off by the skin.
That will teach me!!!!

Last edited by Hectors House; 12-03-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Sorry to hear that! I’ve done some of that too while carving some resin and the knife slipped and carved the tops of four fingers on opposite hand, to the bone, got stitches too and they are numb and itch for no reason.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:13 AM

UPDATE!!!!!!

Finally my thumb is better and I can get on with this build.
Well I realised while I was trying to get the most done with the end of my sliced thumb taped up. That I hadn't put the mounting points on the model. Luckily everything was only tacked into place so I was able to tear the model apart and start again.
So...
I have added the top and bottom mounts (16mm connectors), and built up the front end where I will have to sculpt the nose section, but have left room for the balconies that are called out in the sketch (remembering I am using Joe Johnson's art only - NOT Star Wars Armada's MC30 miniature).

Tomorrow I will start on the underside and layering up the filler into the top and bottom nose area's.
I will also work up the tail area and plan out the engine arrangement.

I've been sourcing kits for detail and now have a really good selection to work from. From the sketch its obvious that Joe had meant this miniature to work in with the Rebel Transport miniature as seen in Empire as the sketch follows similar style points.
This must of been one of the first rebel cruiser designs done; before Lucas created the Mon Calamari with their 'Pickle Ships'.
I'm going to go for detail as a cross between, the Pickle Ships, Medical Frigate, Rebel Transport and Executor (the model is in scale with the Executor miniature and will be displayed with AMT/Ertls 15" Star Destroyer which; I have to save from the scrap pile!).

That will then be it until after Xmas. I then have 8 weeks to get it complete - :l mao:.
Can't see that happening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image 1.jpg (298.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg image 2.jpg (237.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg image 3.jpg (248.2 KB, 30 views)
Old 12-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Awesome! i want more, lol
great job so far!
Old 01-04-2018, 12:01 PM

With Xmas out of the way managed to do a bit more...

Engines cut from pipe and glued together (the model will have 9 engines in total) and the engine locations put into place.
I also worked up the bottom and top front area;s which will now be skinned in P38/Bondo.
The Akagi hull was used for placement only, being replaced with custom built centre section.
Going to work on the side hull sections, before sorting out the underside detail areas.
Not going to get this done by March, so will take some time out to build a copy of Brian Johnsons ILM ESB X-Wing (as well as working up a MPC half scale), I also want to refurbish and re-detail a Jedi Couier model I built more than 10 years ago - so I have something to take to the show this should have been shown at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (200.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (238.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (173.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (208.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-07-2018, 01:14 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Looking good, nice progress.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:57 AM

Sorry guys; no updates for a bit as my Brother died suddenly so I've got to sort out his estate - shitter eh?

Will be back late spring...
Old 02-22-2018, 02:13 AM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

I'm sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:46 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Ouch. Very sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family...
Old 02-22-2018, 05:59 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear that. Take time and take care.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 02-22-2018, 01:00 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Damn, sorry to hear man, hope you get things sorted and get back on here!
Old 02-23-2018, 12:17 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My sincerest condolences
We'll be here when your ready to return
Old 06-21-2018, 11:04 AM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

anyone hear from hectorshouse lately?