Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-29-2018, 07:03 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: SBY 1/1000 Andromeda

yeah but it's just so fugly that I can't bring myself to buy one. The carrier deck needs to be on the front - not the top like that.

Time for a mini update. Sorry it's taken so long to show anything but I haven't had a lot of build time lately.

Here's what I have done so far. I have begun to detail the top plate and that's pretty much all done now - just need to install it which I will do later once the super structure is done. I'll be starting on that piece tonight hopefully.

Aft end:

Looking forward:

Start of the surface details:

Underneath - which as you'll see had a slight issue with deformed engine bells and there is zero I can do about it:

And finally, a full lighting test (just to make sure I haven't screwed something up as usual):

So, that's all I have for now but it's all coming along nicely now and I am hoping to have this done in the next few weeks ready for Expo

As always, thanks for looking in

Si
Old 01-31-2018, 05:13 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Loving the progress on this. The lighting is looking great.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 05-05-2018, 12:52 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

wow - it's been a long time since I last updated this build thread but then I haven't been working on it much due to other commitments/builds. However, I am aiming to get this done for Expo in June, so I have picked it up again in the hope of just getting it done. I've also picked up the Garmillas set 2 and 3 and I am chomping at the bit to start set 3 as it has the best looking ship of the Garmilla fleet in my opinion. I'll consider doing a WIP thread for that one when I start it

Back to the Andromeda, all the lighting is installed and working and now it's time to finish off the surface detailing. I haven't lit the Wave Gun because I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle. I lit the Yamato WG and I can count how many times i have used it on one hand since it was finished.

Surprisingly, I have had to use a fair amount of putty to fill in the gaps. Thank goodness for the Perfect Plastic Putty product as it cleans up with water and cotton buds really easily.

Its a great product and I highly recommend it.

Time for some pics

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully, the next update will either be the last one or the finished item. I'm looking to do a fleet display with this , the Yunagi and also a destroyer. Maybe even a Garmilla ship too.

Thanks for looking

Si
Old 05-05-2018, 05:29 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Great work on this! Can't wait to see it all done and lit!

Old 05-05-2018, 05:41 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Wow!! Great set of updates pics. I’ve got to give that Perfect Putty another shot. My first experience was less than stellar.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:22 AM

Thanks guys
What happened with your experience with PPP?
Old 05-08-2018, 07:22 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
Thanks guys
What happened with your experience with PPP?
I think, like most products, it's fine for certain applications such as these fine gaps and seams. It's durability and stress resistance is that of spackle. Still, for hard to reach places and ease in smoothing, I think it's works great.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:16 AM

I had the camera out today so I thought I'd snap a few pics of where I am with the Andromeda. It's almost ready for paint. I just need to add some details to the bottom and then it's all ready for painting.

I'm pretty happy with how it's coming out. I know some people don't like 'borgifying' clean lines, but that's OK.

That's all I have for now but I think it'll pass as an update

Thanks for looking

Si
Old 05-13-2018, 06:19 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Fantastic work.
Canít wait for the final paintjob.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:59 AM

thanks mate. It's currently drying it's gloss black base coat and I am happy with how the details have blended in nicely
Hopefully I'll have most of it done this weekend! Yay
Old 05-23-2018, 12:37 AM

Hi everyone

Well, she's pretty much done now. I am still working on the base which will house 3 ships for now with room for a Dreadnought later on
I'm not going to weather it much now as I like it the way it is
I'll take some lit shots later on and post them up hopefully tonight
Let me know what you think - good or bad

I think that's plenty of pics for now, but as always, thanks for looking in
Si
Old 05-23-2018, 06:47 AM

Well, here are the lit shots. I had a minor emergency with this as I couldn't get the lights to work. I had to break it open to get inside to see what was wrong. As it turned out, the main power lead hadn't been soldered on properly and it had come off completely. As a result of not doing things right the first time, I now have to replace a missing greebly from the back end and fabricate one of those little sensors from one of the rear guns. Fixed the lighting though!

That's all I have sorry. I did take more but they weren't worth showing.

Once I have my fleet base all done I'll include some pictures of that too

Thanks very much for stopping by and having a look

Si
Old 05-23-2018, 07:16 AM
All ahead full

Ouch! I dread that scenario of an electronics problem after the model is sealed up. I'm glad you were able to repair it. The lit shots are stunning! Love the engine effects.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Gorgeous work!

The metal in the engine nozzles makes it really stand out.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:01 PM

Fantastik! Sorry to hear about the lil snafu but you shall overcome! She looks great.