Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 12-29-2014, 11:00 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Space 1999 44" Eagle Transporter

Amazing work Ian. I can only how much time the forms to keep the brass straight and consistent took to make as well.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:15 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Ok, dragging this thread up from the ass end of last year...

I thank you for the kind comments all.

Apologies for not keeping up with things and responding to comments, had a few large deliveries from the 'Real Life Excrement Co.' but that's how it is.
Back with this and other things as time goes along. Update would you believe!

Page 5, casting capers and a bit of a rethink about a few parts.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wip44eagle5.html

Some of the resin bits for the inside of the cage frames by way of thread pics.

Side shelf parts.

Bottom.

Side walls.

Tops, bottoms and ends.

The door parts came out well and a couple extra are going to get used for a rebuilt passenger pod.

Completely reworking/building fresh the side landing gear pods, details of the start of which on the site page update.

Oh how I'll laugh by the time this is done
Take care you lot!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 08-30-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:17 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Annnnnnnnd once again the drag up from the back of beyond

Update time,
Page 6, 3D printed side pod parts, passenger pod printed parts and assembly.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wip44eagle6.html

Pics!

Side pod bottom.

All four bottom and top parts printed.

Passenger pod parts.

Assembled, filled, sanded, primed and detailed.

Final primer coat.

Not totally screen accurate but that was not requested, in fact I was told to pile on the detail so it is done.
More to come when I've actually done it
Does that count?
Old 03-27-2016, 06:31 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Stunning!
Old 03-27-2016, 06:58 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

WHOA!!!!

Thanks for dragging this backup Ian!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-27-2016, 04:27 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Wow, gorgeous 3D prints, and fantastic finish job.

What printer did you use?
Old 03-28-2016, 01:08 AM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Looking VERY crisp Ian.

Top restoration work. Those 3D printers are just top drawer mate.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:22 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it.

SCI-FI, I have a slightly modified Velleman K8200.

http://www.velleman.co.uk/contents/e...576_k8200.html.

It's just a base level FDM printer as is but with a little tinkering/additions to the printer and working the parts to get the best prints I can out of it, it does the job just fine for getting those large bulk bits out.

It can't do horrendously detailed parts very well but that's where the greeblie bins and resin casting comes in handy. In this case, the fine detail parts are resin casts of kit parts from the Revell Gemini as is appropriate for the studio scale model and some greeblies from the FM 1/72nd Falcon and cast.

Which I have a few pots full of of as it goes for turn outs like this.

It certainly saves a fair amount of grunt work and while it's doing it's thing, I can get on with other stuff. True, it can take a long time to get the prints done depending on size and complexity but it works for me.

As an example, the side pod bottom takes about 28 hours each to print but as I said, I let it whir away while eating/sleeping/doing something else at the bench so it's all good
Does that count?
Old 04-29-2016, 08:49 PM

TZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really nice

Dam fine work...Well done sir
Old 06-15-2017, 09:42 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Right then, it's the inevitable resuscitation post to this old thread and we're back on it!
Update page 7, Spine construction begins and display base plan.

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wip44eagle7.html

And the thread pics...or edited highlights so to speak.
Mucho sliced and milled brass tube about the place for the trapezoid shaped spine frames.

Block jigs.

The first frame part that sits in the middle of the spine in bits.

Fitted on to the jig and the bits to make up the frame proper.

Snug fit all round.

Final lining up, solder, repeat for the rest of the required frames and a rub down with some steel wool...

All good, then some long bits of tube with the frames slotted on, fitted to the jig boxes and the lot slapped in the long rail.
All bits dry fitted just for a looksee as plenty of work to be done before the blessed solder gets a look in.

Now the display base had been decided upon by the fella who will end up with this monster.
He sent me a pic of what I think is a Wonderfest entry by I know not whom but it's a very nice build.

This I think is the Warp Eagle lift kit...this one.

Now I know what you're thinking, no way.
The Warp one is for the 1/72nd but this is going to be the 1/24th/studio scale/44" size.

Well this is for the same bloke who had me build that launch tube section for his Salzo 1/12th TOS Galactica viper...

So fuckin' yes way!

20 sheets of A4 paper taped together as I didn't have a big enough single sheet to hand and a bit of pencil scratching took place to get a very rough outline idea of what I'm up against.

The base alone will work out about 48" long, 24" wide and 12" high. With the required lighting to show off the Eagle on the pad of course.
And yep, I'm going to have to mega detail the shit out of it in this scale.

Fun eh?

More to come ASAP gang!
Does that count?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:45 AM

jockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of lightjockdeboer is a glorious beacon of light

I saw that entry at WF. it was real nice.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:03 AM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice

Hopefully the lift with it's simple angles will go together quickly. Are you going to be using brass for the angled tubes in the spine?

TazMan2000
Old 06-15-2017, 01:33 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Well the overall shape will come together fairly quickly Taz, once all the acrylic sheet cladding is on anyways. The detailing will be another matter but there ya go.
I will indeed be using brass tube for the angles in the spine, the whole framework is brass so still mucho soldering to get sorted lords save us all
Does that count?
Old 06-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Wow, a thing of beauty.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:06 PM

Nostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant futureNostromo has a brilliant future

Seriously awesome!