Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-01-2015, 12:34 PM

TZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really nice
Default The TANK from TANK GIRL

Hi Guys ,
Got this posted in a few other forums and could some help identifying some parts. Im not a big tank or armor guy but I always thought that this Tank was weird enough to warrant the effort.
Its a modified M5A1 and has a s..load of stuff on it .I know all the hubcaps that are on it except for 1...I know body parts on the rear of the tank , the hood ornaments, and just about all the weapons so if any of you out there have an idea of what these other parts might be let me know .
Im thinking of doing it as a mod kit for the 1/35th M5A1 kits that are available ... and if that works out im going to think about a 1/16th scale.
1 Some stickers on the tank. One is from a surf club
2 the Tank
3 the thruster s on the back
4 The BFG .. don't know where its from ..could be a Hollywood invention
4aThe same gun
The hubcap on the back #1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stickers.jpg (208.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg tanky_03.jpg (100.1 KB, 113 views)
File Type: png vlcsnap-2015-02-21-16h57m29s114.png (1.90 MB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 600px-TankGirl_49.jpg (66.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg H1.jpg (105.7 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by TZY; 03-01-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:40 PM

TZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really niceTZY is just really nice
Default Re: The TANK from TANK GIRL

Opps missed 4a..
http://imageshack.com/a/img633/9083/4iciwN.png

Last edited by TZY; 03-01-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:09 AM

Ok.. its been a while and its getting there. My 3D guy has made some great progress and it should be ready to start printing parts in the next few weeks.The kit wont be ready for a few months . Its scaled to 1/35 tank kits and figures. Still getting things together for the decals ...Need an artist to do some custom decal work ...so if theres anyone interested please contact me .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (54.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (50.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (32.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (30.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (45.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (42.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-06-2016, 12:31 PM

Chief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enoughChief D.D. Maxwell will become famous soon enough

Been a while since I have seen this vehicle, boy is that one busy mass of chaos!

Good luck though, it will look wild!!!
Old 04-06-2016, 05:16 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Watched this for the first time last year.

That's a Stewart/Honey tank, correct? Also, aren't there two of those jet engines on the rare? You show only one in the renders.

Cool kit idea!

Last edited by srspicer; 04-06-2016 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srspicer View Post
Watched this for the first time last year.

That's a Stewart/Honey tank, correct? Also, aren't there two of those jet engines on the rare? You show only one in the renders.

Cool kit idea!
Its a M5A1....Yes there are 2 of those engines on the back...not everything is shown as the size of the file is getting large and rendering is a bugger. The decking on the back is not all there also and the extra weapons, water pistol uzi, double barrel shotgun ,compound bow,BFG, and pump action are not all there. Theres also deck furniture and an umbrella for the back deck.. Then there's all the hood ornaments and badges that go all over it.
When he has all the elements ready to do the final render I will post more as they become available.Got some shots of the hub caps and wheel extras .Some of those have panels over them with images .
Its getting there...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1x.jpg (54.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 2x.jpg (48.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-11-2016, 07:54 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

M5A1 Stuart actually, I misspelled it. Can't wait to see kit parts!
Old 04-12-2016, 06:45 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Fun!!!!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:02 PM

Some final shots of the mods for the Tank.Mesh work finished just got to review and then plan out schedule to grow parts. This is scaled to 1/35 .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (89.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (87.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (140.0 KB, 29 views)
Old 05-04-2016, 03:07 PM

Nice!
Old 05-09-2016, 09:55 AM
the Vinyl Frontier

Aztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond repute

this might get me to finally build a tank!
Old 05-12-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztek Dummy View Post
this might get me to finally build a tank!
You cant really cant call it a tank ...its more a work of art
Old 08-23-2016, 09:01 PM

Started running parts for this modified tank. Lots and lots of parts .Ive decided to include the tank kit (M5A1)with every purchase ...save on casting lots and lots more parts and it will be scaled to 1/35th. A lot of the smaller weapons on the turret will be 3D printed because of scale to cast.There is stiill decal work to get done so those out there interested in helping me with that please contact me . Willing to pay a fair price for the work.Im not jumping things as fast as I usually do so you'll notice this is dragging a bit on the progress. Working with this scale has slowed things considerably.
This kit will test some of the builders skills by the time of its completion not to mention my sanity getting it done.
hope to post some pics of parts soon.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:34 PM

Ok... Quick update ...its been ages I know. Hoping to have build up finished to show at WF. Wont have kit available until after the show . Want to get a feel on if its worth producing in a large number . It might be a limited run of just 20. Scale is 1/35th...It got a ways to go yet..Not all the parts are seen here but are made.
Still need decals to be made for it ... Managed to get about 90% of them from the art director for the movie.Need help with getting others drawn . Contact me if your available ..would like to get them finished by WF
Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T1a.jpg (303.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg T2a.jpg (320.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg T3a.jpg (312.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-26-2017, 06:42 PM

Looks awesome!!