Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-30-2018, 01:52 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sentinel N-Type Shuttlecraft 1:24 scale

Once again, making another model that I want a ride in!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 02-13-2018, 06:07 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

The interior components have begun the painting and detail process. First up is the seating, ceiling and galley unit:

Old 02-13-2018, 07:43 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

I love Hal in the corner there. Nice colors chosen.

Question, which is the Endurence?

Old 02-13-2018, 08:43 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Just gorgeous! Color choice is evocative of the TMP-era.
Looked at this quick on my iGizmo screen, I thought these were computer-generated images.

Best-
-SF
Old 02-13-2018, 09:29 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
I love Hal in the corner there. Nice colors chosen.

Question, which is the Endurence?
Thanks! Endurance has been on my mind for some time but very little of it exists beyond that. However, the sketching has begun. I've done a quick digital profile outline of the direction I like that I'll share here. It's a big ship, an expedition cruiser, and will be built in 1/350 as next year's project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Just gorgeous! Color choice is evocative of the TMP-era.
Looked at this quick on my iGizmo screen, I thought these were computer-generated images.

Best-
-SF
Thank you! Yup, the colors were definitely inspired by the warm earth tones of some TMP interiors.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 02-13-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:01 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

The silhouette of Endurance reminds me of ... the Enterprise-D?
How big will that beastie be...?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:31 PM

I like that silhouette. Looks like the Mad Admiral is gonna go and do it again!

Old 02-13-2018, 03:56 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Well,...holy shit.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:01 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
The silhouette of Endurance reminds me of ... the Enterprise-D?
How big will that beastie be...?
Endurance will be almost twice the length of Hood at 1/350.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:22 AM
Humble Aspirant

*stares wide-eyed at the crown-jewels*
What are those?
Blue is Hood.
Green is Sentinel.
Yellow is Repulse.
Red is the unseen Endurance...
Purple and Orange are... wut?

As a logistics exercise, it looks like the Tycho Yards tunnel wouldn't be wide enough to crank out Endurance...

Last edited by SCI-FI; 02-14-2018 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:44 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
*stares wide-eyed at the crown-jewels*
What are those?
Blue is Hood.
Green is Sentinel.
Yellow is Repulse.
Red is the unseen Endurance...
Purple and Orange are... wut?

As a logistics exercise, it looks like the Tycho Yards tunnel wouldn't be wide enough to crank out Endurance...
On man. Sorry to stir up the pot!

The pink vessel on top is the 971 "Blackhawk", a one-off experimental test bed for Tycho in the early 2260's. We see its features in later vessels.

The orange outline on the bottom is the Arielle-class science vessel. Same era as Sentinel and Repulse, uses the same PB-58 drives.

I've attached an updated illustration to further complicate the growing fleet of ships produced at Tycho, including Shangri-La, Wasp, Lagrange and Javelin shuttlecraft.

You're right, the Endurance will have to have a brand-new construction dock. Boldly going.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 02-14-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:03 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Endurance will be almost twice the length of Hood at 1/350.
Is there still a size limit for Wonderfest entries, or have they scrapped that?

IIRC something the size of a DeBoer's was pushing the allowable size a few years back.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:29 PM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim NCC1701A View Post
Is there still a size limit for Wonderfest entries, or have they scrapped that?

IIRC something the size of a DeBoer's was pushing the allowable size a few years back.
I'm not sure what the limit specs are. I'd like to keep the overall length in the mid 40" range. It has to fit in my car first.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:38 PM
Humble Aspirant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
I'm not sure what the limit specs are. I'd like to keep the overall length in the mid 40" range. It has to fit in my car first.
quietly starts the Rent a Winnebego for Buck fund...
Old 02-14-2018, 05:44 PM

I know you do mostly TOS, but is the Endurance from the same era? That's almost Sovereign class size, which would be a massive ship for that age.

Oh, and I love how your fleet is growing!

Last edited by Tiberious; 02-14-2018 at 05:45 PM.