Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-16-2016, 08:16 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Space: 1999 Eagle Transporter Build Off

Check this out:

http://www.collectormodel.com/round2....HWFGeTgk.dpbs

That's bad news for Trek modelers but for this particular thread:

"we decided that the Eagle gave us the basis for three variations along with many potential add-ons and accessories"

Old 02-16-2016, 09:58 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
"we decided that the Eagle gave us the basis for three variations along with many potential add-ons and accessories"
Except that they'll be so slow to get anything done that the aftermarket will likely beat them to the punch.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:33 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Yeah---- I want that booster pack like yesterday.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-23-2016, 12:07 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I was able to get some work done on my cargo pod this weekend!

Pretty much regular styrene work. I was thinking of all styrene on the trusses but thought differently and switched to a couple pieces of brass rod. This will add strength.

I also sandwiched a piece of really thin sheet steel between the decking and the 'subflooring' underneath it. That way I can add magnets in the bottom of items I 'carry' on the deck and won't have to worry about them falling off. That will be especially handy if I get around to making nuclear waste containers.

CHECK OUT THIS BUGGY! It's one of SpongeBob's, and it is well worth-having. It's simple, just the buggy and six wheels. Thank you so much, Chris

I altered it by making brass axles for the wheels:

Old 02-24-2016, 04:42 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Nice work---- looks like that cargo pod is part of the kit!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 02-24-2016, 09:06 AM
Eagle Pilot

SciFiTodd is on a distinguished road

Accessorized eagle!

www.scifitodd.com
Old 02-25-2016, 04:08 PM
It's gonna get real now.

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT BOOSTER POD?!?!?!?
Old 02-25-2016, 06:07 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT BOOSTER POD?!?!?!?

What HE said!

Old 03-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Eagle Pilot

SciFiTodd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
What HE said!

Scratch build by Colin Omilusik.....

www.scifitodd.com
Old 03-01-2016, 11:28 AM
It's gonna get real now.

THAT is SEXXY.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:35 PM
My ass is itchy...

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson:

POWAHHHH!!!

Sweet!

Old 03-04-2016, 04:18 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Sweet mother of SHIT these things are beautiful!

Yeah, the look can be achieved by a skillful application of Alclad....but dammit!

That's about all I can say.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160304_183244.jpg (93.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 20160304_183300.jpg (80.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 20160304_183342-1.jpg (65.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-05-2016, 08:23 AM
My ass is itchy...

Old 03-05-2016, 11:36 AM
It's gonna get real now.

That metal is amazing. Again, yeah, it could be done with Alclad but just knowing what you've got increases its cool factor dramatically.

The kit bells are a snug press fit onto the engines. The opening in the metal bells is maybe a thousandth or two larger than the plastic's and so they aren't snug, but the engine inserts hold them in place nicely so no worries.

I drilled holes in the main thrusters so I can attach them to the ship with screws.

The metal oleos are nice, if for no other reason than they aren't nearly as breakable as the plastic parts. Also, you don't have to worry about metallic paints wearing off them after they've been used a little....but being shiny aluminum they're a bit bright. My friend Tommy has found some stainless steel welding rod that should work. It'll be nice and strong too, and will look more like an oleo than the aluminum parts do.

Also, check out the Shapeways swag courtesy of Todd Morton - moon buggies and cargo containers! One of the buggies and two of the containers are his, and I'm going to build them all.

The decals are actually stickers from a fellow in Canada and bought on eBay. They are nice and crisply printed. They aren't really a replacement for the kit sheet, but they have options the kit decals don't.

Man. This Eagle is a fun kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160304_193817-1.jpg (117.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20160304_195749.jpg (61.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20160305_133145.jpg (71.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20160305_142532.jpg (132.7 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by The Cat; 03-05-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Wait... A Visitors logo...?