Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-08-2017, 11:31 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: A nude Dragonfly

Looking sharp!
Love the way that base is starting to look. Steel and timber work fits very nicely with the theme. Top marks that fella
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 08-09-2017, 05:44 PM

lunadude is a jewel in the roughlunadude is a jewel in the roughlunadude is a jewel in the roughlunadude is a jewel in the roughlunadude is a jewel in the roughlunadude is a jewel in the rough

So damned weird and wonderful! Excellent progress!
Old 08-19-2017, 02:36 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

Not far from the finish line now. Bit more weathering to the landing pad and finish the base that the landing pad will sit on and wire up the wing an she's all done

That's all I have for now but I shall be working on it over Sunday through to Tuesday and hopefully it'll be 99% fiished by then
As always, thank for looking
Si
Old 08-19-2017, 02:47 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Oh my... that's just beautiful.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Nice work - where did you get the base? Scratch?
Old 08-20-2017, 07:52 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys The base is scratch build

So, time for one last WIP update I think before it's finished. I was struggling with ideas on what to do with the ground work until I came across some Tamiya textured surface mats which really worked well here. They're made of card but feel a bit rubbery on the top which works well to help hold models to the base.
So now I have all 3 elements on one display: wood, metal and stone

I am still to rig the wings up with some wires which ought to be interesting and finalise the way in which I will get power to the base - something I am still struggling to come up with a suitable plan with. I could just put a battery underneath but then it would literally be just that and ruin the overall look of the base. I'm looking at building a small metal crate to hold a switch and a power socket for mains power. It seems a little bit of over kill to run this off mains, but it would mean I don't have to find a way to hide a 9V battery in such a way that I make it changeable. Anyway, I'm sure I will come up with something in keeping with this

I added a few oil drops (dark wash) to the landing pad to make it look a little more used.

So, enough talking, time for pics:

Well, the next time I update this, it should be the finished product!
As always, thanks for looking in and thank you for the appreciation
Kind regards
Si
Old 08-21-2017, 11:24 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

The base compliments and fits the theme perfectly for my money.
Seriously nicely done sah!
Does that count?
Old 08-21-2017, 04:19 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Damn... next time I need a stair rail fitted I'll give you a call. This is exquisite.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Gorgeous work!

Wait- So the base (legs) are plastic with metalizer paint? What wood did you use for the platform?
And what are the "hooks" around the base? Looks like stringers for safety netting...?

Last edited by SCI-FI; 08-22-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:03 PM

The legs are cut down telegraph poles from a Miniart set, the frame is just Evergreen H frame and the wood is balsa wood cut into uniform strips. The stair case is also from Miniart. You shall see what the hooks are for soon
Old 08-23-2017, 12:04 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

I think I know what the 'hooks' are for and if so, this is going to look seriously nice!
Sterling work
Does that count?
Old 08-28-2017, 06:49 AM

While I had the camera out I took some night shots of the completed base etc. For those of you who wondered what those protrusions on the sides of the landing pad were, now you shall see:

These will likely be the only lit shots I take as I broke the socket getting the plug in It'll require major surgery to fix it which I can't be bothered doing right now. It'll be fixed for Expo next year though

Day light pictures to be taken over the upcoming weekend sorry
Thanks for looking
Si
Old 08-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Humble Aspirant

Stellar job!
Old 08-29-2017, 01:59 AM

thanks bud - glad you approve
Old 08-29-2017, 09:39 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

I thought I could see something like SMD LEDs in the end of those 'hooks'
Top class my friend, absolutely top class!
Does that count?