Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Ugh! Models 1/1000 Ivarix Class Warbird

I was able to get an advance copy of the Ivarix, and I have been working on it since I got it. This is one sweet kit! I saw the masters at WonderFest and fell in love! The Ivarix is from the Movie era. Designed to take on the Excelsior class.

The only "issue" on my copy was missing guns on the weapons pods. This wasn't an issue for me because I would have replaced the resin guns with Brass anyway.

I didn't have instructions but none were needed. assembly in straight forward

Here are the new guns I made from brass rod

The seams were easy to fill.

weapons pods in place

Now in Primer

That's where the model is right now. I stopped because I am not sure how I want to paint the model. Most Romulan ships from TNG are green. But some of the earlier ships were grey and even blue. I am thinking about using a very light blue as the base color and then painting the feathers on the wings in pearls and metallics. More pictures to come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture2.jpg (65.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 08-28-2017, 09:27 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ugh! Models 1/1000 Ivarix Class Warbird

Quick progress, and that is a sweet looking ship!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 08-29-2017, 05:45 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Where do the warp nacelles attach? Not readily apparent from the photos.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:32 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
Where do the warp nacelles attach? Not readily apparent from the photos.
They attach to the bottom of the ship along the belly
Old 09-25-2017, 06:18 AM
Lurker

I was moving along on this build and then real life interfered. But, I think I may be back on track with it. I applied the base coat yesterday. I think it looks pretty good but I'm going to give it a light sanding and reshoot it. I'm painting mine to match the V-11 Stormbird. So the model will be painted with various shades of Blue. The base color is Model Master French Light Blue Grey.

Bottom

Warp Nacelles

Bow

Wing detail

Disruptor pods

Forward

Now comes the fun part. masking off the "feathers" in the wings!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:01 AM

StarCruiser New face in the crowd

I rather like that as a lighter ship than the huge D'Deridex class from TNG!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:26 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Damn that is a sexy looking ship. Nice job. You're making me want one.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 10-30-2017, 10:12 AM
Lurker

Okay so I have been experiencing some modeling ADD. Between this model and the Dual Galaxies, but I didn't have much time at my bench this weekend so I did a few things to the Ivarix. I masked off the first of the feathers. They were sprayed with Tamiya Pearl White.

then once the paint was dry those masks were removed and I masked off the edges of the wings for the next step in the painting process

More masking lays in my future. Much more...
Old 10-31-2017, 09:54 AM
Lurker

I did more masking last night. The top is ready for paint.

And I started to mask the bottom I also masked off the weapons pods.

My plan for the feathers is a two tone scheme. Fingers crossed it turns out like I see it in my head
Old 10-31-2017, 10:33 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

That's a sweet looking bird there. May have to get one of these myself. I could use some more Romulans in my fleet.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 11-01-2017, 05:58 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Your work is an advertisement for the model. Inspiring so far, can't wait to see more.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:43 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Lookin' good, Scott! I hope to get one later this month.

It’s advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you don’t know!
Old 11-08-2017, 05:26 AM
Lurker

Last night I was able to get some time so I could spray the top of the wings on the Ivarix.

The color toward the bottom of the wing is Cobalt Blue and the color toward the top of the wing is Blue Metal Flake both from Testors. This was a total experiment on my part and I wasn't sure how it would turn out. But, WOW! I think that the wings look amazing!

I can't wait to see what the wings look like when I take off the masks.

Last edited by Trekmanscott, M,Ed.; 11-08-2017 at 05:34 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:37 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

Looking good! I'm paying particular attention since I just started the 1/2500 version of this kit!
Old 11-08-2017, 05:57 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
Looking good! I'm paying particular attention since I just started the 1/2500 version of this kit!
Thanks!