Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 11-08-2017, 07:37 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ugh! Models 1/1000 Ivarix Class Warbird

That's a great color gradient! Lovely.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 11-29-2017, 05:46 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

I will get this build done I swear. Here is what the bottom of the wings looks like

Last edited by Trekmanscott, M,Ed.; 11-29-2017 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

When I peeled the paint off of the Ivarix I was ecstatic with what I saw.

The wings turned out better than I could have imagined.

So the next step is masking off some of the panels on the main hull for painting

More pics as the build continues
Old 12-05-2017, 02:14 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

She's coming along nicely Scott. Great work on the paint job
Old 12-06-2017, 10:08 AM
Lurker

Thanks Jim!
Old 12-06-2017, 10:15 AM
Lurker

Last night I began to paint the panels.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

That’s looking fantastic, Scott! I was all set to get one, tho Erin ended up making me an offer that I almost literally couldn’t refuse! It was worth it for me, tho I sorta regret not getting an Ivarix.

Oh, well. After Christmas, then!

Kerp it going! Love what you’ve done so far. She’s gonna lol great!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!

Last edited by Griffworks; 12-06-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Gorgeous!
Old 12-11-2017, 07:41 AM
Lurker

Work on the Ivarix is winding down. This past week I painted the panels on the top and bottom of the model. They were painted with Model Master Navy Blue Gray. Once that had dried I sprayed the panels again with a lightened version of the color.

This weekend I began the last detail painting. The model was masked off so I could paint the vents, guns, shuttlebay door and sensor pallets.

The guns and vents were painted with Alclad Steel, and the sensor pallets were painted with MM Medium Gray

The areas on the bottom that look like big vents were painted with Medium Gray lightened with French Light Blue Gray

Bow shot

The impulse engines were sprayed with Alclad Chrome and then candy coated with Tamiya Clear Yellow (I will clean up the overspray)

The forward vents

The warp nacelles were a bit of a departure. Romulan engines typically glow Green, but the end caps of the TOS bird of Prey were Blue, so based on that and since there is so much blue al ready on the model I went with Blue. the nacelles were sprayed with Alclad Chrome and candy coated with Tamiya Clear Blue

These are some shots of the nacelles in place and I think I made the right call with the Blue nacelles.

At this point most of the detail painting is done. I need to do some clean up painting mostly overspray. I am very happy with how the project is going.

Edit: I forgot to post that I have decided on a name for this bird IRW Ihaiy Dhael Which according to the Online Romulan dictionary I found means Blue Bird

Last edited by Trekmanscott, M,Ed.; 12-11-2017 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:16 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Gorgeous work!
Great design, and great paint job so far.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:19 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Love the progress. Awesome colors on it.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:49 AM
Lurker

Thanks guys!
Old 12-22-2017, 06:39 AM
Lurker

I wrapped up detail painting on the Ivarix

I need to wash the model then attach the warp nacelles add a couple decals an the the model will be complete.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:54 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Sweet work!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 12-22-2017, 05:21 PM

Quite the beautiful bird! Love the colors on it.