Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-05-2017, 02:42 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Northstar/DeBoer USS Reliant 1/260th Scale Rebuild.

Well more of a repair/rework/rebuild from a part started kit and all gone over in detail on the website page:

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdeboerreliant.html

Long story short, in part payment for the DeBoer Refit to do with as I please. After a fair amount of Zen modeling, it's a keeper to do the above mentioned repair/rework/rebuild thing on. Bottom line, pristine Reliant with full pearl paint and lighting...at least that's the plan.

Thread pics!
The main bulk parts.
Top hull and this bit alone is some 25 and a bit inches long. The finished item will be some 3 feet long.

Bottom bit.

Nacelles, one finished and one still in two halves with the pylon attached.

The bits that came with it.

The paperwork of course.

Decals and part of the masking set by Aztek Dummy.

So what's right with this kit: It's a bastard big Reliant and the surface detailing is fairly crisp.

So what's wrong with this kit: Many inaccuracies that shall have to get sorted. The saucer edge has the same 1/4" too deep problem the Refit has, the warp grilles on the engine nacelles are wrong same as the Refit, the smaller side grilles at the front of the nacelles are wrong since they are the same parts as on the Refit...I could go on but those are the fundamental problems. It's all in the link at the top.

This will get tackled at a time yet to be decided upon, wish me luck if you will...I expect i'll need all I can get but I've made up my mind to have a go and I will do just that.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imag7992.jpg (67.2 KB, 9 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 10-05-2017, 03:55 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Northstar/DeBoer USS Reliant 1/260th Scale Rebuild.

Good luck.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-15-2017, 01:18 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Thanks George, always nice to know there are folks I can rely on for moral support
Does that count?
Old 10-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All

I'm with George. Good luck as well!
Old 10-15-2017, 05:08 PM

TEL20102 will become famous soon enoughTEL20102 will become famous soon enough

Luck has nothing to do with it, it's all in those magic fingers of yours Ian.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:23 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:56 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Let the magic happen!
Old 10-16-2017, 10:47 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

We'll see gang. It'll try to make some inroads to this and the Refit over the Christmas period. Dropping the hull height is going to be the biggest thing as from that comes everything else but I have plans to minimise the amount of farting about required.

Read that as going from a metric shit tonne of fun down to a couple of hundred kilos or so...I hope.

As soon as there's something to report, including me being carted of to the Federation funny farm, it will appear here!
Does that count?