Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram and Mobius)

I figured I'd start us off, I worked a good hour or so why the 4 year old was on the porch playing with Playdoh.

If the group so deems it, this can be stickied as the "offical" build thread

So here is some of my work for the day.

Not pictured, I worked on the pilot a little and the cockpit tub some. Test fit the nose section.

I would say, the kit is pretty good considering the molds are pushing 30 years old.

I did have some issues..my part nippers went missing, glued myself to the model about 3 times, my plastic weld somehow was left open (have idea who..and it wasn't me) and it all evaporated, broke the pin that the cockpit tub sits on (will still work, just makes test fitting kinda impossible now), but had a good time working on it.

Now onto working on the tub, putting the nose together, and seam and gap filling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Viper01.jpg (52.0 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by The Cat; 11-16-2013 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added "Mobius" to title
Old 05-20-2009, 04:28 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

Way ta GO!

Here is where we shall camp!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:54 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Great start!! Talen.

Iam just waiting on my conversion kit to come in so i can start on my.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute

*breaks out the camping gear and starts a fire*
Old 05-20-2009, 10:51 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talen View Post
*breaks out the camping gear and starts a fire*
Toast the marshmallows- don't burn em this time!

Coming along and unless someone says otherwise- you're the official first entrant to post pics!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Chef in Training

I kinda figured, since someone fronted me the kit, I had better get off my lazy arse and actually build it.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:24 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Damn, that looks just like mine...
Glad to see that you're making some progress.
I did a dry test fit of the major pieces tonight but no real progress yet.
-Doug
Old 05-21-2009, 09:37 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

And I have looked in the box and fondled the sprues while chanting," Someday Precious!"
Old 05-21-2009, 10:56 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Greeblie Fondler !!!

Next thing we know you'll be squeezing the charmin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
And I have looked in the box and fondled the sprues while chanting," Someday Precious!"
Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Well my conversion kit came in today so iam planning to start work on it this week end.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Well don't fondled it to much or people will start to talk.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Ok, I'm in!

I dug up the ol' Viper kit from the stash and opened it up to check everything. Looks like all is well from the storage, so I'm getting pumped!

Couple questions, do you all plan to leave the V-10 "un-modified, or is anyone planning to "soup it up"?

Mine is an older kit that can be built as either the topless version OR the coupe. Which one are we actually doing?

I gotta tell y'all, I ain't never been much of a Dodge fella, but I have always dug the Viper, so I don't mind joining this one.......

So let's ROLL! I've made good progress in just a couple hours too!

Rob.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:15 PM

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Yep!

That's the one I gots!

Cool! Stripes made it during storage mighty fine, Thank you very much.

I do need to mention something here though that's kinda got me wonderin'......

Mine don't look NOTHIN' like the one Talen just posted? Is that something to do with the accessory kit some of y'all have mentioned or somethin'?

??????

Hell, I may have to back outta this build here with y'all. I don't think I can modify mine enough to look like the one Talen posted. Nowhere NEAR that good am I, I'm afraid.

Rob.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Ha! Griff, if I can find on e of these I'm in, and I can assure you the molten mess that gets done will look nothing like anyones! hahahaaaa! You guys are taking the piss if you think otherwise
Old 05-22-2009, 03:27 AM

Hey Drew,

Who you talkin' to? Griff ain't even replied here.

Boy, you better not let any of the biggy bosses you work for see that your mind is slippin'!

You'll get your ticket pulled faster than a cat can lick his ass!

Rob.