Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-26-2017, 10:37 AM

Hectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to behold
Default Another Star Wars Mega Build on the way

Hi Everyone,

Having spent the last 4 years building kits of all sorts.
I have finally decided to build another Star Wars Sketch up into a large scale miniature.
This time its a Rebel Cruiser design done by Joe Johnston that didn't make the screen,
Even more interesting the sketch has no engine locations
I have decided to build this miniature at nearly 6ft. It will be a mash up of M80, Excecutor detailing. The scale is identical to the Excecutor miniature.
As per my Neb A build no kit parts will be used from any kit post 1983 and none that weren't used by ILM.
It's going to be an exciting build. Want to have it done by March 2018.

Watch this space...
Old 10-27-2017, 05:57 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Another Star Wars Mega Build on the way

Feeling the tingles...

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 10-27-2017, 10:35 AM

Hectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to behold

Ok;

So... non canon (wookipedia), states that this is a MC30 Frigate?
Well I don't think this is correct, as when prepping the image to work out the internal structure JJ's sketch seems far too detailed to have been considered as a minor ship.
There is a resin kit available (in a tiny weenie scale), but I would suggest that this sketch would (had it been approved) have been built around the same scale as the 2 large rebel cruiser models built for ROTJ?
There are no engines drawn on the sketch which (as per Executor) would suggest that these would have been added once the model structure had been drawn out. Its obvious why it wasn't built and that is because that on the screen it would have been difficult to destinquish between this and said Executor.
I have amended the drawing in photoshop giving the body a bit more weight. Engines are yet to be determined, but I would say that 7 would be a minimum seeing the scale of the imagined ship.

Well, drawing out and constructing the main structure over the next 2 weeks.
will update then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mc30.jpg (325.2 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Rebel Cruiser adjusted.jpg (357.2 KB, 75 views)
Old 10-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Unique, and ambitious. Can't wait to see more.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:13 AM

A quick update....
Looking like the detail is going to be the make it break of this project - as well as the finish.
The majority of this is going to come from Hasegawa/Tamiya artilery pieces and loads of ship kit detail (2 intrepid hulls on the neck at the very least) plus balcony detail.
Plus lots and lots of plastic chips.
Structure drawn out, iron mongery next week then build up the basic shape.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Looking forward to seeing every step you take on this, take plenty of pics, need to see everything! Lol
Old 10-29-2017, 03:50 AM

Will do!...
Old 10-31-2017, 08:53 AM

Smile Re: Another Star Wars Mega Build on the way

Just picked up the final bits needed for the basic shape.
Will start building in the next couple of days.
Just need to draw out a longitudinal frame.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:11 PM

Well finally got a day in the workshop so started this beauty - until I almost cut the end of my thumb off .

Ok, I have built up the main structure (sort of) but have yet to fit the mounting points (only 2 top and bottom). ABS is used throughout although as you can see i have used Saturn V parts for the main engine, a further 5 will be added once the main shape is complete which; should be within the next week.
The main curve will be coming from Bondo and sanding, the upper hull being carefully cut ABS sheet. Have not decided how to work out the lower hull as yet?

I haven't used any of the commercially available MC30 material. I'm only going from the 2 drawn views as taken from the Art of Return of the Jedi.
Apart from the engines - if it is not shown on this sketch, it's not happening. So pretty much as per my Proto Nebula build a few years back.

Oh one last thing...
How do you know when to stop buying kits for detail work?
When you take 40 kits from your stock and you can't see any difference
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full shot.jpg (256.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg frony shot.jpg (233.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg rear shot.jpg (288.4 KB, 43 views)
Old 11-20-2017, 02:12 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Looks like your off to a great start!����
I know what you mean about the kits, I’ve looked so many 1/12 parts they all look the same( which a lot are ) for that astral queen
Old 11-20-2017, 05:51 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Some great progress. Can't wait to see more.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:39 AM

I've chosen some specific kits for detail work from my stock as the scale of this miniature is the same as ILMs Executor most of the kits are ships (I will post a fuĺl list of what I've used once the model is finished).

I hold large stocks of kits (in my stock room ie: loft) from the days of 'Hectors House of Miniatures. I only pull new kits from the stock as I need them for each project a discipline I got into as it made costing for clients easier.
When I pulled stock for this build, that's when I realised I have Far Too Much!
I could build a model like this every year and not use it all before I die!
Old 11-21-2017, 07:20 AM

Heck, we all have models we won't get to before we die!

Old 11-22-2017, 12:03 PM

Amen too that!
Old 12-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

any updates yet?