Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 12-21-2011, 10:15 AM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Moonbase Alpha Laser Tanks...ALL THREE!

Hey! Welcome! Thank you sir.

VERY good point. It has to be in those pictures, I used the wrong dome there and it's too small which does make it sit too high.

The dome under the canopy doesn't change with each new dome size I try, but the height of that canopy does AND the hole it pokes through gets, of course, larger.

I've got plug number 4 made now though, and I hope to have something to show here shortly. I won't actually be back to the point I was in those pictures until I make that skeleton looking template, but if I'm satisfied with this new dome look that template will only take a couple hours.

Rob.

Last edited by Eagle-1; 12-21-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:53 PM

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Alright fellas, I apologize for the delay here, but I'm on a slight hold till I get some more clear domes from Plastruct. I ordered them a week before Christmas and probably screwed up doing that.

I'll be back on track when they get here though as I've made the new hump for the dome to fit in I just can't be exactly sure till I shove a dome in the hole.

Rob.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:55 PM

Still waiting on the new domes to arrive from Plastruct fellas, but I have placed the bondo dome I made that I was working from (2-3/4") into what I now have and taken a couple pictures so we can see what it should look like.

Nothing is secure and the new vac pull has not been trimmed at all yet, so you'll have to overlook all that for now.

Nigel, better?

Rob.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5731.JPG (265.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5732.JPG (264.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-02-2012, 11:22 PM

29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light

I think the canopy profile looks a lot better now. If you can take some profile shots once you've trimmed down the Vac-form etc. that would be good. You're making very good progress on this Rob.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:38 PM

Yes sir, you know I will once I get it re-attached!

Good progress??? I've been at a stand still for two weeks on them. I should have NEVER ordered something from Plastruct right at Christmas like that. They are slow enough during normal times, but they coulda strapped 'em on a snail's back and they woulda been here by now.

I will start making good progress again shortly though. Stay tuned!

LOL!

Rob.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:51 AM

Back on track. Y'all miss me? I stepped across the way for a couple days and started hob-knobbin' with them Galactica boys. I've been waiting on the newest domes to try to arrive from Plastruct.

A word of advice. DON'T order from Plastruct anytime around Christmas.

Anyway, I finally got the new domes and have, once again, made a whole new forward section to the "Dome" tank. It looks pretty fair now and I'm planning on calling it done once a couple who've been following along tell me it looks right to them too, so y'all tell me what you see so I can get this doen and move on.

I've also had to make a new "skeleton" template to duplicate panels. I'm caught up again if ya'll think it looks better than it did.

Rob.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5741.JPG (223.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5742.JPG (218.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5743.JPG (297.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5744.JPG (257.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5745.JPG (266.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5746.JPG (301.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-14-2012, 05:01 AM

29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light29390 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up It's a Yes from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-1 View Post
It looks pretty fair now and I'm planning on calling it done once a couple who've been following along tell me it looks right to them too,.
If we told you it didn't look right how many more of them would you be prepared to build?

Just foolin' Yes, it's looks pretty much there to me Rob, not that I'm an expert on such things or have any decent reference to compare it against. I think you've done a superb job to get it looking that good. That panel template looks like a work of art in itself! Cutting out those panels must of been a very time consuming exercise. Nice work all round.

Last edited by 29390; 01-14-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: missing word game.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:15 AM

Healvis is a jewel in the roughHealvis is a jewel in the roughHealvis is a jewel in the roughHealvis is a jewel in the roughHealvis is a jewel in the roughHealvis is a jewel in the rough

If looks right to you Rob then it's done, your the hardest critic you know. Excellent job you have done too.
John.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29390 View Post
If we told you it didn't look right how many more of them would you be prepared to build?
Unfortunately Nigel......as many as it takes, my friend........as many as it takes. I want it right. That template does take some time, BUT, it makes the following pulls a breeze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healvis View Post
If looks right to you Rob then it's done, your the hardest critic you know. Excellent job you have done too.
John.
Thank you both for taking a look at it!

I do seem to be the hardest to please with my own stuff John.

Rob.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:52 PM

A couple quick snapperoonies of the hump in place, filled and some primer applied around the seam.

Dave and Sean, just an observation here, since this is still in the "learning curve" stages. When you guys do this step, personally, I'll attach this part, fill the seam and get that squared away BEFORE I apply any of the detail for this, next time. It's a much slower process having to work around all the panels and such. I'll do this step next time before I add even those couple parts you see attached to the front. Even THOSE get in the way with this step. I smoothed off most of the primer where there still needs to be some kit parts attached. We don't want those popping off right in the middle of any battle this tank would happen to be in, now would we.

Rob.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5747.JPG (300.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5748.JPG (285.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Eagle-1; 01-15-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:57 AM

The first of the "Dome" tanks is nearing the finish line!

Here's where I'm at. Getting that hump outta the way was my only hold-up and now I'm back on track with these.

Rob.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5749.JPG (299.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5750.JPG (224.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5751.JPG (241.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5752.JPG (225.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5753.JPG (327.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5754.JPG (234.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5755.JPG (269.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5756.JPG (278.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5757.JPG (289.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5758.JPG (243.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm my own Grandpa.

starwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to allstarwarsdoc is a name known to all

Very exciting to see this come together.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Those things look all kinds of cool, Rob.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsdoc View Post
Very exciting to see this come together.
Yes sir, me too. I apologize that I have been a little tardy here lately trying to get this one figured out. One thing in my defense though.....these have NEVER been done before!

They do look good, don't they Dave. Did you see my earlier comment? We will certainly be talking about all this when you start, but DON'T let me forget anything.

Rob.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:00 AM

I'll have to politely ask everyone to step away from the tank, please.

That laser is now active!!!

Rob.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5759.JPG (289.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5760.JPG (283.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5761.JPG (277.3 KB, 14 views)