Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-20-2021, 06:49 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all
Default Re: Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

Such great detail -- ILM would be proud!

-SF
Old 10-22-2021, 05:40 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

thanks bud

I sprayed a light layer of base colour to tone down the effect as it was too digi-camo like. The paneling is a lot more subtle in the plastic than in this photo too

Now for the washed and so
Old 10-23-2021, 09:22 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Great results on the tones/shading.

How many hours does that take (base coat, taping, mid-tones, taping, white coat)?

-SF
Old 10-23-2021, 10:59 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

that was about 5 hours or so - give or take
Old 10-25-2021, 06:39 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Something's up with the site again, I cannot see any of the images.

Lots of '?' where images should be.
Old 11-12-2021, 12:05 AM

crap, sorry man. The pics show on my phone as well as my work PC so I sadly can't help you on that front sorry.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:50 PM

Hi all

Well, I have finally sorted out my last remaining hurdle and it's onto the final stretch - more or less. Yep, I have finally sorted out my mounting device and at long last, I will be able to slip the ship on and off it's mount (I'm not sure how many times I would want to but for transportation this will be invaluable)

all I have to do is attach the sleeve onto the bottom of the ship and we're good to go. I've got it so I have 4 separate power lines which I will be able to distribute to hangar bay lights, engines, superstructure and floodlights.

It's by no means pretty but it works which is more important. The wires will travel down the back side of the armature into the base. Once I have the last bit of wire covered, I'll paint it all black

As I said, not the prettiest stuff ever but I had to make do with what I had

Anyway, that's it for now.

As always, thanks for looking

Si
Old 11-14-2021, 08:58 AM
Humble Aspirant

Custom connection? I feel faint.

Is that a side mount?

-SF
Old 11-15-2021, 01:54 AM

LOL, yeah it is a side mount. I have an awesome idea for a AM product if I had access to a 3D printer and the talent to be able to create a 3D model for it!
Old 11-18-2021, 08:04 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

I created a side mount for the SSD commission I completed about 2 years ago. I try to avoid the 'straight up the middle' mounting post when I can.

Unable to see a majority of the images due to the same past 'token' issue.

Looks good from what I am able to view.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:09 PM

How did you create yours? What materials did you use? I'd love to see how you did yours
As for the pics, yeah, I don't know how to fix them. I can see them all on both phone and PC.