Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 09-25-2008, 02:44 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350 USS North Carolina - a happy mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
My wife has just volunteered to paint the figures!!! Whatta gal!
Man,how sweet ya got it?
She don't have an unmarried sister by any chance?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:36 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Check this photo out.... methinks there'll be some panel line scribing done and some rework to the stern 40mm sponsons....

Quote:
"hawse pipe lip".
EXACTLY what I needed to know THANK YOU!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

talon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of All

I have to share that sentiment, the other day I was at the Hobytown USA by the mall and I ended up in the ship section, not sure how, but thats where I found the 1:350 Titanic kit for $100 that I have to buy sometime soonish. HAVE. TO. and of course that means I have to get all the brass photo etch parts too, and any other upgrades.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:48 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Being approached with the usual Cat's eye for attention to detail!

I suggest a "hybrid" on the 40s- LionRoar or equivalent bases with tubs anbd ammo racks (although GMM makes 'relief etched' ones for the Missouri, same difference!) and the kit plastic "gun parts" since LionRoar and a couple of other companies expect you to fold over (doubled up PE width) the barrels- still "flat" in my book but with nice detail on the "recoil spring/dust boots".

I have a good buddy client who gave me 'carte blanche' on a Missouri build (forthcoming) and even with 'no limits' it's going to be a hodge podge of PE, resin and turned metal pieces from various makers. While some PE kits are very comprehensive there still doesn't seem to be one 'be all, do all' kit yet?

I know that you and Damien both are attacking the 350th Carolina- this will be cool and I can't wait for the eye candy that these kind of builds provide!

The N.Carolina was one of Trumpy's first battlewagons so be aware of the fit between deck "pancakes', their side panels and resulting minor mismatches in height between assemblies that attach between and to each subsequent level. With your eye for detail, you'll find them and I know you'll remedy them!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:09 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Making the lips.....

Some of the heavy-gauge sprue in RoG 1/72 U-Boat kit looks to be about the right size. I used a drill as a 'lap-lathe', and trimmed it down with an X-Acto. Nice, soft plastic, that.

Then I angled the back of it and glued it to a piece of .010" plastic. After I trim that down a bit I'm going to thin the back even more - and hopefully it'll look like the pic at the bottom:

Old 09-25-2008, 11:17 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

VERY nice touch!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:35 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Reminds me a lil of a nipple.

hehehehehe, I said nipple.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:46 PM
It's gonna get real now.

I've been sitting here since I posted that pic....

Wondering.....

Who'd be the first!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned

talon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of All

I thought Cat said it when he said pimples. my mind said nipples and I didn't even notice... Its what the damn things look like...
Old 09-25-2008, 02:07 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon View Post
I thought Cat said it when he said pimples. my mind said nipples and I didn't even notice... Its what the damn things look like...

Zit, tit?

Um, I choose tits!

OMG, have I derailed the Cat's buildup?
Sorry.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:13 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Must've been something subconscious going on in my head when I made 'em?

Whooo Knowwwws!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Must've been something subconscious going on in my head when I made 'em?

Whooo Knowwwws!
Maybe a certain Pillow.

Al
Old 09-25-2008, 02:23 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Or a pair of 'em...

Old 09-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Touche
Old 09-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Banned

lol, now lets try and get this thread back on track before it turns into another sweetheart thread.