Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Figures

Figures Figure WIPs

Old 11-20-2015, 08:53 AM

Stonebrow New face in the crowd
Question Monster Hunter kit. Need help/advice!

Hey guys!
I've started on a kit from the game Monster Hunter. It's a female hunter dressed in the Rathian armor set equipped with a weapon called the Charge Axe. It's a weapon which is essentially a sword and shield, but which can be fused together to create an enormous axe. (see pics below)

This is the second kit ever I'm building so I've decided to keep it simple and only make the sword + shield combo for now, unable to switch between the two modes.. (I bet there's some artisans out there who could do that).
My issue with it however is this: The kit does not allow me to push the shield 'blades' any further than is shown in the bottom 2 pics (of the 3 shown above).

How would I ever get the blades pushed back in further as that block in the second pic (of the 4 shown above) is in the way?? I can only imagine getting rid of it, but how would one go about doing that without damaging the kit, and that can't the be thing you're supposed to do, right? Do any of you have any ideas?

Last edited by Stonebrow; 11-20-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:59 PM
Den Mother

Mark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond reputeMark Yungblut has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monster Hunter kit. Need help/advice!

Those walls look thick enough hat you could grind out the block slowly with a Dremel tool.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:43 AM

krow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to beholdkrow113 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Monster Hunter kit. Need help/advice!

Cut the block out of the way, cut a notch in the blades , fit the parts together with some black felt pen marks where they contact.The black felt pen mark will transfer from one part to the other, showing where they contact.
Pretty much resin '101' -class is in session!