Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 01-01-2009, 11:35 PM

CessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to all
Default Operation Crossbow weapons platform shuttle (Real Genius)

Great looking little ship, only on screen very briefly but very cool.
Almost looks Ron Cobb-ish.

Anything out there or too obscure to even get the GK communitys attention?

Old 01-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Operation Crossbow weapons platform shuttle (Real Genius)

I like this! I'd forgotten about that. Haven't seen Real Genius in over 20 years.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:31 AM

Mare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to beholdMare Crisium is a splendid one to behold

... And there was me expecting to see a V1 Flying Bomb sitting on it's launch rail.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:24 AM

GKvfx has disabled reputation

Doesn't this one have a B-1 Bomber in it as well? I think a former boss of mine was the VFX Supervisor on that. He had the B-1 Bomber (decked out in a desert camo scheme, if I remember correctly) in the shop when I worked there. The B-1 was just the 1/48th Revell kit built right out of the box.

I'll have to do some digging......

Gene
Old 01-02-2009, 10:29 AM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKvfx View Post
Doesn't this one have a B-1 Bomber in it as well? I think a former boss of mine was the VFX Supervisor on that. He had the B-1 Bomber (decked out in a desert camo scheme, if I remember correctly) in the shop when I worked there. The B-1 was just the 1/48th Revell kit built right out of the box.

I'll have to do some digging......

Gene
http://www.davidstipes.com/david_sti...&currentPic=18
Old 01-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: Operation Crossbow weapons platform shuttle (Real Genius)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop37 View Post
Wow, that site is awesome. Sorry if it's old news, but that's the first time I've seen it!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:04 AM

GKvfx has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop37 View Post
Yup, that's the guy. I sent a mail to Richard to see if he knows what happened to it. I'll call Dave sometime (we have to catch up). The B-1 was just the kit with a metal armature inside for the MOCO rig.

As a side note, Tony Doublin and I built the saucer from Intruders:
http://www.davidstipes.com/david_sti...&currentPic=36

I still have a casting from that, somewhere in the closet. It got reworked several times in order to get the lights and paint scheme 'alien' enough.....

Gene
Old 01-04-2009, 02:10 AM

vfxart is a jewel in the roughvfxart is a jewel in the roughvfxart is a jewel in the roughvfxart is a jewel in the roughvfxart is a jewel in the roughvfxart is a jewel in the rough

I know Ron Thornton worked on this as well, design by Ron Cobb. I've been in touch with Ron about a few bits on and off; he's a former instructor of mine and we're still in touch. Ron worked on the weapon and the B1 as well as some stop-mo for the film.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:02 PM

CessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to allCessnaDriver is a name known to all

I didn't know Cobb worked on it, but my instincts were good in thinking it looked like his work.

It's very cool. What a great SS model it would make!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Count Baltar

birdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of All

Great site. Nice seeing the space ships from V.

Mark