Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 02-09-2014, 05:14 AM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Star Trek Continues: 'Lolani'

Old 02-11-2014, 06:52 AM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Star Trek Continues: 'Lolani'

I streamed this to my TV last night. Best fan-produced episode of Trek yet. If not for the actors, I would have thought I was watching an episode of the original series.

A few thoughts:

The makeup was perfect for this. It wasn't 'perfect' in that in some scenes you could see the body paint rub off, but that would have happened back then too, so it fit in perfectly.

I love Lou Ferrigno, but I wish they had cast someone else. I have a hard time understanding him, and that took away from the experience.

I want to know how they did the shuttle bay scenes! Those were incredible, and it looked like they had a full size shuttle. I'm sure they didn't, but nicely done.

Michele Specht is a major hottie! I want to see her in more things. Or less.

If you haven't watched this yet, do it.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:12 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I've watched the first few minutes of it and here's my take.

Short form: I LOVE IT!

Long form:

1. The guy playing Kirk makes me think of what we'd have gotten had Jack Lord accepted the role in TOS.
2. Sets are PERFECT.

3. SFX are superb!

4. Uniforms are AWESOME.

But you wanna know what gets me?

Gets me down deep?

REALLY sinks the hook in me?

It is.......

Katy Perry as an Orion!

Multiple fantasies spring to life and many arguments rendered invalid.

Last edited by The Cat; 02-11-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Gary Kerr was involved in the shuttlebay and shuttlecraft.

Quote:
The episode features about 3 seconds of a computer-generated model of the hangar bay that was made from blueprints that I drafted for their CG graphics artist. The plans required a surprising amount of research and took a couple weeks to draft, and the model will play a more prominent part in future episodes - hopefully with the wall colors corrected.
So, the hangar and shuttle are CG - very well done and superbly integrated live-action work!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 02-14-2014, 08:24 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

I thought it was great!

I also thought that Lou was believable as an Orion, heavy accent because english is a second language.

I have watched all of their productions, and Vic M. does a great job as Kirk, I have also seen him do a respectable Shatner as well. Sometimes he'll say a line or move just as Shatner did.

And Michele S. & Fiona Vroom, vroom, vroom!!