Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Product Reviews

Product Reviews Got a new kit, aftermarket accessory, or anything else modeling-related? Give us a review of it in this section. We need to hear the good and the bad. Please back up what you're saying with with photos (in cases of poor quality) or references (in cases of inaccuracies).

Old 11-06-2013, 05:12 PM

ego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to allego1138 is a name known to all
Default Squadron.com rocks!

Hopefully this is okay to post, but, I just wanted to give a big shoutout to squadron.com

I've been working on a 1/48 Hobby Boss F-14 Tomcat, and, a few months back, I really dinked up one of the engines more or less beyond repair.

So I got in touch with Hobby Boss . . . who were pretty much complete jerks. Told me I'm completely S.O.L., they won't help me, but, to get in touch with their preferred north american distributor, Squadron.com

So I gave them a call. Told them the situation, and they didn't want to really help me out much either, since I didn't buy it from them. Which I guess is more than understandable.

When I talked to someone else there though, he was at least sympathetic, and told me he'd try and deal with hobby boss to get me a replacement sprue, but it might take awhile.

So, fast forward a couple of months, hadn't heard anything, so, thought I'd call them, and see if there was any news.

They didn't seem to have any record of ordering me a replacement sprue, but, sounded like they felt bad for having me strung along for a few months, so, said they'd send me the replacement parts. Free of charge.

I offered to pay shipping, and even a fee for the sprue, but they wouldn't accept.

Well, i get home tonight, and there's a huge box sitting on my door step.

Open it up, they didn't just send me the sprue. THEY SENT ME THE WHOLE KIT!!!

Free of charge.

This is obviously customer service beyond reproach. They've won my business. No more kits from ebay for this guy.

Top notch!

Just wanted to share the story. Seems like sometimes in life, all we ever hear is complaints when companies treat people like garbage, I just wanted to share a good story of a bunch that obviously value the end customers!!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Squadron.com rocks!

I like Squadron. Their prices are higher than elsewhere on the web so I usually only hit them up for sales but you get what you pay for.....their customer service is top notch.

Boo on Hobby Boss though. Bastards.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.