Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Product Reviews

Product Reviews Got a new kit, aftermarket accessory, or anything else modeling-related? Give us a review of it in this section. We need to hear the good and the bad. Please back up what you're saying with with photos (in cases of poor quality) or references (in cases of inaccuracies).

Old 02-01-2014, 03:33 PM

ViperRecon will become famous soon enoughViperRecon will become famous soon enough
Default MPC Falcon Quad Lasers

I was surfing around Shapeways the other day because I had some credit with them that I needed to use and I came across this:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/16159...&materialId=61

So I sent in an order for a pair which got here yesterday. These things are absolutely beautiful (though unfortunately the clear plastic doesn't photograph very well).

There is a tiny little box on the gun on the side that is farthest from the Falcon's hull that I consider to be a targeting sensor . It's on top of the gun in the Shapeways pic. Wookieepedia calls it a tracking servo (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/AG-2G_quad_laser_cannon). This part of the gun is extremely fragile. It made it from Shapeways to Okinawa intact but I broke it with gentle handling while trying to get a picture of the part. It can be glued back in place of course, but I thought everyone should know about the potential for minor problems. Even if I decide to leave the little box off and mount that particular gun on the ventral side of the Falcon where few would see it I think the purchase was worth it. The rest of the design is much more robust. If you are building a Falcon you may want to check these out...

Mark in Okinawa
Old 05-18-2014, 06:59 PM

ModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant future
Default Re: MPC Falcon Quad Lasers

Thanks for posting this! These are FANTASTIC looking pieces this fellow has! Wow!