Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Product Reviews

Product Reviews Got a new kit, aftermarket accessory, or anything else modeling-related? Give us a review of it in this section. We need to hear the good and the bad. Please back up what you're saying with with photos (in cases of poor quality) or references (in cases of inaccuracies).

Old 03-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Stapleton Productions Tricorder Mark VII

I am not a big prop guy, but I have always wanted a TNG Tricorder! I have the playmates toy, but it just that a toy. After I got my TNG hoodie I mentioned my desire to my wife and she said...so get one. I almost passed out. I don't think she realized what she was saying at the time. I decided to get the Stapleton Productions Tricorder kit off of eBay. I am very impressed with what I received in the mail. The kit is very nicely cast. I really like the greeblies and resin bits for the top of the Tricorder. I have not started to build the tricorder yet. I am waiting for a separate lighting kit to arrive. If you are looking for a TNG tricorder kit I would highly recommend this kit. The sellers Ebay ID is killmenow0

Old 03-09-2014, 08:08 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Stapleton Productions Tricorder Mark VII

I have one of his TNG 'cricket' phasers. He does great work!
Old 03-10-2014, 02:50 AM

robiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to behold

Stapleton's props paired with GMProps electronics create one awesome prop. I have built two of his Cricket Phasers. Awesome stuff.

I added GMProps electronics to the Playmates Tric as well.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:34 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Looks great! I had always wanted to make the PADD as a working prop.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:10 PM

Del is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the roughDel is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by srspicer View Post
Looks great! I had always wanted to make the PADD as a working prop.
Why don't you pick a popular tablet on the market, make a kit that would transform it to physically look like a PADD, and then create an app so it will have an appropriate interface. I don't own a tablet, so would that even be possible?

Trekmanscott, do you think you'll have the tricorder completed for WF? I'd love to see it in person. That might convince me to shell out the cash to get one for myself.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:35 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Since I am still waiting on the electronics for the kit I dont think it will be possible to finish the Tricorder before WF
Old 03-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a winner.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:13 PM

john_trek is a jewel in the roughjohn_trek is a jewel in the roughjohn_trek is a jewel in the roughjohn_trek is a jewel in the roughjohn_trek is a jewel in the roughjohn_trek is a jewel in the rough

I have the Stapleton Voyager/First Contact Boomerang Phaser. Top notch! I rarely buy those kind of proprs, but had made a Voyager uniform and wanter the right phaser. It was worth every penny.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:21 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

It looks like a long-held dream MAY come true - I just ordered one of his Star Trek III communicator kits
Old 10-17-2015, 12:24 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Hey Scott - can we see some pics of the finished item?
Old 10-20-2015, 04:39 AM
Lurker

Yes, I will get some posted for yinz.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:46 PM
Lurker

Here is the library of the build for the tricorder

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Trek...?sort=3&page=1