Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Figures

Figures Finished figure models

Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 AM

Saleem is a jewel in the roughSaleem is a jewel in the roughSaleem is a jewel in the roughSaleem is a jewel in the roughSaleem is a jewel in the roughSaleem is a jewel in the rough
Default dragon 1/9 iron man mk7 battle pose

i will be using 3 smd leds to light it,2 for the head and 1 for the chest arc reaktor,unfortunately i cant do the hands as they are clenched in a fist.

have assembled the endoskeleton and dremmelled for wires and chest led,the first lot of parts are ready for spraying.

i have the first iron man they made and enjoyed that,hope to do a better job with this one though.

also looking forward to the release of the iron man 3 movie models they have pencilled in for may (i think) the mk42 and the new update war machine (which might be a candidate for iron patriot)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130418_165248.jpg (2.84 MB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg 20130418_165321.jpg (2.21 MB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 20130418_171927.jpg (2.00 MB, 48 views)
Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 PM

Sym-Cha New face in the crowd
Default Re: dragon 1/9 iron man mk7 battle pose

Hey Saleem,

That seems a nice project as well ... so how big is this action figure ... compared to a can of soda?

-Chaim
Old 04-19-2013, 06:02 PM

Saleem is a jewel in the roughSaleem is a jewel in the roughSaleem is a jewel in the roughSaleem is a jewel in the roughSaleem is a jewel in the roughSaleem is a jewel in the rough

I dont drink soda unfortunately, we call soda pop where I live, uk.its bigger than a can of pop (soda) its not very much smaller than the moebius, maybe a couple of inchs.its a decent size for sure which makes it a realy good purchase.lots of parts but not over whelming but bags of detail,in a different league altogether from the moebius.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:23 PM

i painted all the parts,primer,alclad pale gole and then a top coat of alclad trans red.

wasnt happy with some parts as it seemed i had a bottle of trans red that didnt have enough red pigment in it so the first lot of parts i painted were not a s red as some others i did with a different bottle.so i had to redo some parts.

the back and the rib parts i am not happy with so they are currently being stripped to be repainted.

i have masked and painted the parts that needed it for gold and silver and i have assembled some of the parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130419_171439.jpg (1.69 MB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20130421_201718.jpg (2.01 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20130421_201725.jpg (2.28 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20130421_201741.jpg (1.68 MB, 31 views)

Last edited by Saleem; 04-21-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 AM

Sneak peak of whats coming.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:11 AM

all the parts are now painted fully,theres weathering applied to a lot of the parts and paint chipping effect but the legs need more paint chipping adding.

i took a couple of pics of the torso but the camera loses most of the weathering (typical phone camera)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130427_150108.jpg (3.33 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20130427_150222.jpg (2.24 MB, 23 views)
Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 AM

so i managed to lose 1 small part of the armour,its off the right hand,the armor part,so i will have to try get in the future i suppose somehow?

i have not touched it in days now but i weathered him up and did some serious (i think) battle damage,it still needs more work.

i am on the lookout now for a little piece of brass rod the right size for the base and figure so it can be mounted,i will use a battery holder on the underneath of the display stand.

its hard to get the detail in the pics i take,thats my phone camera for you.

hope you like.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Kit Assembler

bg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to behold

Saleem, you are doing a great job on that. It's coming along very nicely. Weathering looks very OK to me.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:21 AM

i scrapped this project for a cleaner build,i created a thread in the relevant part of the forum.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM

Default resin iron man 1/6 mk7

its one of the super g kotobukiya rip off kits,i always wanted a kit form of their mk7 (which they never released) which is a shame as it was a fantastic candidte for the home builder.

so this kit was ideal and up my street.

it was actualy well cast although had its flaws considering how big and intricate the details are on it.the lighting kit was not realy ideal for it so i will have to improvise on that (in the future) also the arc reactor clear part is a little small for the chest (that will also have to be sorted in the future)

i did have problems with painting it though.

after washing parts and priming,when i used my usual alclad gold with a trans red ontop the gold realy didnt like the primer or the resin and spoiled so the red top coat was not nice to look at.so i had to scrap that idea and went with pot paint,i ended up digging out a citadel red out of my paint box and used that instead.although there might have been a better red out there i am happy with what i actualy had at hand so just went with that.

all the gold and silver parts are actualy alclad which was air brushed.

i liked the kit,soo much i have the mk4 on its way also,so look out for a mk4 resin build in the future also.

hope you like.

thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130715_190224.jpg (3.11 MB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg 20130715_190233.jpg (2.94 MB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20130715_190248.jpg (2.82 MB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20130715_190259.jpg (3.03 MB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20130715_190316_1.jpg (2.62 MB, 20 views)

Last edited by Saleem; 07-15-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 AM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: resin iron man 1/6 mk7

Looks good. Didn't you consider lighting it up?
I have a triangular RT on my MKVII, making it look a bit more like a hybrid of the MKVI and MKVII.
Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 09-16-2013, 10:50 AM

I might get round to coming up with something for lights, there isnt a lot of room in there for it though, I should have dremelled the body and created more cavity to accomadate the battery holder.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:17 PM

bar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond reputebar has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ever get that MKIV?
I just recently put a Tony head into my MKXXI Midas armour.

Come gather round people, wherever you roam, and admit that the waters around you have grown, and accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you is worth saving, then you better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone, cause the times they are a changin'
e-mail(And msn Messenger): vipermark7@googlemail.com
Old 11-20-2014, 03:31 PM

This build was ages ago and I ended up trashing it.I did another clean build.

I have done both of the mk7 versions also a mk42.

I did an iron patriot and an heartbreaker but wasnt happy with either and I stripped them off and they are waiting in pieces to be rebuilt/painted.

I built the mk7 and mk4 (I think) super g 1/6 (kotobukiya clones) and I got a mk6 part way through and an unbuilt/untouched mk42.

Also have the war machine and starboost dragon kits to do.

I have been too busy with f1 and road cars.