Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 10-18-2007, 09:47 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/537 Klingon K'T'Inga class battlecruiser

This is the 1/537 scale K'T'Inga battlecruiser from the AMT STTMP kit. Built straight from the box.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KlingonKTinga-AMT6.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	245  

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."

Last edited by Trekriffic; 11-26-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Griffworks

Nice job! What did you use as the base hull color?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 AM

borz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to allborz666 is a name known to all

What Griff said!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

The base color ? Hard to say. This has been repainted and retouched about 3-4 times. Started off with a light aircraft gray enamel. Then painted the raised panels dark blue enamel with small silver raised panels. Then overshot with transparent silver blue metallic. I can't recall what ship in the Klingon fleet I was going for that was silver blue metallic though !
Anyway, it stayed that way for about 10 years before I'd had enough and repainted it to look more olive draab/greenish. I left the gray blue base color alone and repainted the raised panels from navy blue to burgundy . I used brass in place of silver on the smaller raised panels. Shot with an overspray of transparent green. Followed by transparent pearl glosscote. Then a coat of dullcote. Then weathered with black and rust gel ink pens. Then another 2-3 coats of dullcote lacquer. The final look was a fortunate outcome all things considered.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."