Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Model Talk

Model Talk General Modeling Discussions

Old 01-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned

talon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of All

It will look exactly like what you see on screen. REL is great at going over reference material and matching what is there. On the K'Tinga thread you'll notice he actually went out and bought a kit just to get a tiny piece in it that was used on the studio model
Old 01-23-2008, 05:41 PM
"I'm just a head."

DaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant futureDaveP has a brilliant future

I'm up for one.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:14 AM

Vos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of lightVos is a glorious beacon of light

I'm interested. I got robbed on Ebay for one of these and a SS Batmobile a few years ago. Lost almost $800. I'd still love them in my collection.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:51 PM

Heatray will become famous soon enoughHeatray will become famous soon enough

I would be interested in one. Please post updates.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:22 AM
Who? Me?

swfan is a jewel in the roughswfan is a jewel in the roughswfan is a jewel in the roughswfan is a jewel in the roughswfan is a jewel in the rough

Agreed! Though I know that you are one busy guy...lol
Old 05-13-2008, 10:15 AM

ignatz New face in the crowd

I might be interested in one of these! The Batwing is one of my favorite vehicles. Anton Furst did a wonderful job doing the production design for the movie. Any idea on the approximate "real-world" (reel-world?) scale of the miniature?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

I'm not sure of the scale of the model, it's pretty big though. I'm going to try and get it done by this summer, I'm going to redesign it so it's easier to build, and of course it will be cast in lightweight fiberglass rather than resin.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:28 AM

propsjonnyb New face in the crowd
Default Re: Studio Scale Batwing

I am very interested in obtaining a kit, what's the current situation?? best regards
Old 05-09-2009, 06:20 AM

droplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud of

Good to hear that this may still be in the works.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:53 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

any news on this?

~Pete~
Old 05-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

No updates yet. But I have decided to 'idealize' this one. The casting has a lot of wonky symmetry, so I'm going to make everything symmetrical, then make a detailed cockpit, and separately cast missiles, machine guns etc.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:32 PM

Firefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to behold

I think it's supose to be 1/24 scale Rel
Will
Old 07-06-2009, 12:22 PM

propsjonnyb New face in the crowd

For those that are interested I've designed and built a full lighting kit for the batwing , I confess I made it for my ertl 1:25 scale model, but it will scale up to fit the SS Batwing, it includes Navlights, anti collision lights, plus the searchlights and front wing lights , light effects for the machine guns , nose cannons and the Vulcan 134 Machine Gun with a little bit of inginunity mini -servos can be added to the Vulcan gun to deploy it and a small motor to make it , rotate ditto the rockets . I will post a video as soon as I can work out how, any one interested can contact me , I'll make it up at cost parts and shipping
Old 01-20-2010, 11:35 PM

Captain Sci-Fi is a jewel in the roughCaptain Sci-Fi is a jewel in the roughCaptain Sci-Fi is a jewel in the roughCaptain Sci-Fi is a jewel in the roughCaptain Sci-Fi is a jewel in the roughCaptain Sci-Fi is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Studio Scale Batwing

Hi Guys,

I thought you might be interested to see this, it is as described in earlier posts. The COA that came with it describes it as coming from the studio in the UK so a genuine production prop. I can't be sure it was ever filmed though. Not shown in this photograph is the cockpit tub with Batman figure and the canopy. The wing span is approx 26"

Cap'n
Old 01-21-2010, 01:52 PM

droplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud of

I can't tell what you have here?