Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-09-2019, 03:30 PM

NemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud of
Default Re: My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)

MAY UPDATES - 2019
Hey Everyone, sorry about the delay in the updates. I've had the pics loaded onto my website, I just haven't got around to adding the titles and captions until today. Well, most of the Issues concentrated on the dashboard assembly which includes the driver's side gages you speedometer, tach, fuel, etc. Also the passenger side indicators along with the lighting LED boards and their wiring components. Even the 88 mph speed gage is included. I can't wait to see all of this stuff lit up and working. Another part of this month's assembly includes the time circuit assembly, with power box and also the 6 push buttons that are on the passenger side of the center console. The detailing is pretty nice looking. Although I haven't secured these items onto the chassis, I was able to do a test fitting and take some pretty nice pics of what I have assembled so far. Check 'em out. there are 23 new pics starting with issue 43 which is slide no. 224 on the 4th page of the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean" page. Hope you enjoy them. I just received word that my next 4 issues have been mailed out, so I'm looking forward to starting on those. Issue 47 deals with the steering assembly. That's it for this month's update. Check back here in June. The link below should bring you to Issue 43
Mark
https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/p...toid=205671335
http://www.NemVia.org
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_8156.JPG (222.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8163.JPG (283.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-19-2019, 03:06 PM

NemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud ofNemVia has much to be proud of

MAY UPDATES -2019 (part ll)

I know this is a rare occasion, but I was able to receive my next 4 issues of the DeLorean build within' the same month. I really liked these issues, especially Issue 48. Issue 48 had a little bit more work to do on it and it dealt mainly with the dashboard component wiring. All of these cables are of the GNDN variety and used for aesthetics purposes only. But, to adjust them and get them into their proper places was what took up most of the time. (well, that and I misread the instructions for the wire separator piece and threaded them through it upside down.....DOH) Oh, we'll anyway it was fun doing this part of the build. All of the cables needed to be threaded through the bottom of the dash into the trunk space area only to be secured there permanently later on. I've actually found a couple things that I do not like with this part of the build, though. One is that the cable ties or zip ties are way out of scale with the care. I do however plan to replace them with some smaller ones that are used for stereo electronics which are much smaller and a little more accurate. Also, I was very disappointed in the function of the steering wheel and steering column. I had hoped they would turn the front wheels a little farther than they do. Now I understand why they give you the mounting blocks for the display stand so that the wheels will turn a bit more with less effort. But, I don't think it's going to be too big of an issue since the car will mostly be displayed in a case. Anyway, I was also able to build one of the cars seats, driver's side to be exact. I like how the material feels, almost like real leather, and they give you foam to place underneath the seat cushions to make the seat covers feel soft just like you could sit on them for real. I think I will be weathering the seats a bit. Just looking at how much stuff was added to the car by "Doc Brown" would suggest a lot of wear on just about everything on the inside of the car. That's why I'm leaving any scuffs and scratches that I might make on the car for that lived in feel. So far I've built issues 1 - 50 for this kit and the car now weighs in at 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg) I didn't know it was going to be this heavy. I can't imagine what it will weigh when finished. So, there's 31 New pics to check out. Check out the link below, that will get you to the first pic. Well, that's it for now. Keep checking for the next update.
Thanks, Mark
https://www.nemvia.org/apps/photos/p...toid=205718895
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_8192.JPG (397.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 100_8203.JPG (334.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-20-2019, 04:05 PM

fluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to beholdfluke is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)

All I can say is WOW! Looking forward to more updates!
What was the price for this kit?
Old 05-20-2019, 05:20 PM

Well, that's hard to nail down exactly... This is called a subscription build, there are 130 Issues in this particular build and there are some extra costs when they ship you the binders for the instruction booklets. But, the cost of each issue is around $11.00 us. So the final cost will be somewhere near $1500 by the time it's finished. This doesn't include some of the upgrades that you can get, which so far I've spent about an additional $250 for things like a more accurate flux capacitor, and other dashboard pieces and floor mats and a power supply.. With this subscription though, you get one of the binders and the display stand included with the build, along with an "OUTTATIME" life size license plate for display. You can cancel the subscription at any time and then pick up where you left off without any fees or penalties. For me I think it's worth the price of everything, but I do have to say this is the most expensive kit model I've ever purchased, even though I'm not finished purchasing it. I should have more update pics sometime next month with Issues 51 - 54 coming in three to four weeks. Thanks for your comments. Keep checking for updates.

Thanks again,
Mark.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:48 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Yikes, it’s just like buying a real car:
-monthly payments
-floormats cost extra
-flux capacitor upgrade.

That dealership, man, what a racket...
Old 05-22-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Yikes, itís just like buying a real car:
-monthly payments
-floormats cost extra
-flux capacitor upgrade.

That dealership, man, what a racket...
Yeh, but this car is mine, Mine! MINE! I'm not going to let anyone use it! It's going to stay in the garage (Display case) where no one can touch it but me! Bwaaahahahahaaaa!

Old 05-22-2019, 04:31 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemVia View Post
Yeh, but this car is mine, Mine! MINE! I'm not going to let anyone use it! It's going to stay in the garage (Display case) where no one can touch it but me! Bwaaahahahahaaaa!
You need a 1/8 scale figure of yourself, in appropriate costuming and pose, of course, to position next to the model.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:38 PM

JUNE UPDATES - 2019 Hey everyone. I just received my next four issues (51-54) on Friday. Very quick and easy issues to do. I've been able to install the passenger seat as well as more GNDN wiring. And finally the rear bulkhead plate that goes in behind the seats. Also I've added the left and right side door sills that kind of make the seating area look more like it belongs in a real car. Nothing overly spectacular for this update, but the interior is getting closer to being finished. Looking at the test fitting of the interior with the car frame, I can see that even though this is a pretty big model car at 1/8 scale, the real life one looks extremely cramped even without all the time circuit details. I've never seen one in person, but this certainly tells me I don't think I'd ever really want one. Unless of course some generous individual gave me one as a gift.... (NOT) Anyway, there are 22 new pics in the "!/8 Scale BTTF DeLorean" page. The link will take you there:
https://members.webs.com/manageapp/p...toid=205758071
Next month I will have a 1 year review of this build to date to see how far I've gotten over a twelve month span on this one model. In about 3 month I will be at the half-way point of this build. Hope this is still holding everyone's interest. Well, That's it for now. More coming soon. See you then.
http://www.NemVia.org

Last edited by NemVia; 06-12-2019 at 02:53 AM.