Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 03-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future
Default PL-AF IL-28

I know.. Another project.. But for some reason I got hooked on this aircraft/kit. It was cheap too: $14.99 in 1/72 scale. Made In CHINA.... I thought its look and overall shape is proof how the Soviets took every Nazi idea and put it to use. It came out in, I believe 1955 and could go 600mph.. Not bad for 50s tech. I believe Egypt, or whats left of it, still uses them in their air-force... do they still have an air-force?? Anyway.. Hope you guys enjoy me taking out the inaccuracies and hopefully making it more like its supposed to look. Constructive criticism is appreciated!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NICE.JPG (198.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IL-28-14.jpg (36.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IL28_colourprofile.jpg (53.2 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by mackjsm; 03-03-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:45 PM

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future
Default Re: PL-AP IL-28

I put this kit together pretty quickly.. Now to fill the gaps and detail the bomb bay and cockpit..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-03-03_19-58-28_927.jpg (1.17 MB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-03_19-59-14_989.jpg (1.09 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-03_19-59-57_904.jpg (1.06 MB, 11 views)
Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: PL-AF IL-28

I love it. There's just something about jets of that era.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

I've always liked the Beagle. Not a very good aircraft but they built them in droves.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakespeed View Post
I've always liked the Beagle. Not a very good aircraft but they built them in droves.
Did it have crappy handling?? I always wondered.. why the hell the rear fins are angled back and the main wings are not?? just seems strange.. I bet they did it to save money when it came to production costs... weird.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:00 PM

OK did the aluminum powder paint.. polished it... sightly gave it a flat finish.. so that it don't look so "new".. did decals.. and now to the weathering..

After that I need to do the two nose cannons that are not even there, antennas, windows, pilots, and other details..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-03-04_16-02-14_900.jpg (1.31 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-04_16-02-27_257.jpg (1.23 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-04_18-52-07_345.jpg (1.18 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-04_18-52-47_50.jpg (1.29 MB, 12 views)
Old 06-18-2012, 10:39 PM

OK'm DONE
Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 AM
A threat to all you hold dear

Location: Directly above the center of the Earth. ( Leander, TX.)
Dr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Yo has a reputation beyond repute

Looks nice so far. The swept-back tail planes, by the way, reflected some uncertainty
over the use of swept surfaces in aircraft. The rationale was that vibration, etc. would
show up in the tail controls first, before affecting the wing, giving the pilot time to correct. At least, that what I remember reading.