Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 03-09-2012, 09:30 AM

cjsbosox will become famous soon enoughcjsbosox will become famous soon enough
Default Moebius BSG

Hello RI!
I really had fun building this kit up until the decals from Acreations. They took over 25 hours to apply and made the kit look amazing. Sadly the AK interactive wash removed the print off the decals, even though I sealed it with laquer clear as per instruction!!! Did I mention I'm new to washes??

At a local shop I learned that it's best to use pledge or any acrylic product for sealing instead of solvent based products. Live and learn I guess. I also used Paragrafix PE sets, threw in LEDs, drybrushed the BSG emblem with Andrea gold (amazin products) and used an african wood treated with wax for the base.

Hope you like it and thanks for looking and commenting. And I'm a photo noob so I apologize for the endless pics

Shot at night

And this morning

Happy I fond a way to imitate lit antenna

Old 03-09-2012, 01:39 PM

pheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Moebius BSG

the old girl looks great
niceley done
Old 03-10-2012, 07:39 PM

rocketman is on a distinguished road

SAAAAAAAAAAWEEEEEEEEEEET
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 PM

Darph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of lightDarph Bobo is a glorious beacon of light

very nice!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Astrojay

Astrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really niceAstrojay is just really nice

Hi there - brilliant job despite your missfortunes as you say live and learn I think you have done real good with the base also because cause you don't want that to stand out too much , I have the same decal set so I will be watching out for the sealing coat !! How did you find the photo etched guns ? - happy with the result ? I am still in two minds as to which ones to use on my build , just getting ready to decal - oh the task ahead ! Then I will start again on a Battlestar Columbia , I intend to modify scans of the panel decals to cover the extra plating , should be fun - frak yeah.

cheers Jay
Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Did you do any other modifications other than the lights and decals? Looks good. I have this kit as well but am not going to start it until i can get a clear idea of teh head/neck fix it needs.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:03 PM

cjsbosox will become famous soon enoughcjsbosox will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrojay View Post
Hi there - brilliant job despite your missfortunes as you say live and learn I think you have done real good with the base also because cause you don't want that to stand out too much , I have the same decal set so I will be watching out for the sealing coat !! How did you find the photo etched guns ? - happy with the result ? I am still in two minds as to which ones to use on my build , just getting ready to decal - oh the task ahead ! Then I will start again on a Battlestar Columbia , I intend to modify scans of the panel decals to cover the extra plating , should be fun - frak yeah.

cheers Jay
Thanks Jay. It is a cool kit to build. And I agree with you on the base. I love the wood I used, though I can't recall the kind it is. What did you do about the top plates? To make them look like they sit on top of the ribs, i used styrene to lengthen them. I almost added red leds inside inner panels, but there is not a lot of room. The turrets came with the PE kits I purchased. Remember to wash only the panels, then apply the decals.

Enjoy!
-Carlos
Old 08-27-2012, 10:30 PM

hicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura about

hi how did you get such fine detailing with the gold on the base