Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 06-20-2008, 10:39 AM

lastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you Don, there is alittle more work to do before the painting starts, here are some pics of the ships horns enjoy. Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg U-249 ships horns 001.jpg (515.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 ships horns 017.jpg (663.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 ships horns 016.jpg (699.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 AM

lastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of light

Gent's here are some more pics of the U-249 build, instaled are the new hand rails made from plastic rod and the lock down handle on the base of the 20mm mounts. Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg U-249 add hand rails2 014.jpg (625.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 add hand rails2 008.jpg (668.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 add hand rails2 018.jpg (606.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 add hand rails2 007.jpg (632.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 add hand rails2 017.jpg (673.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 add hand rails2 002.jpg (636.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-25-2008, 06:06 PM

Thank you Mech, a few more parts to make,then off to the paint shop. regards Glenn
Old 06-28-2008, 07:30 AM

Hi Gent's I just finnished the rigging on U-249 I will reinstall them when the sub is painted, Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg u-249 rigging 003.jpg (639.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg u-249 rigging 004.jpg (647.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg u-249 rigging 005.jpg (612.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg u-249 rigging 008.jpg (599.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg u-249 rigging 010.jpg (619.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-28-2008, 04:27 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

^

OH! That's IT, you SUCK!

I have yet to see such detailed and beautiful rigging on one of these boats? Yeah, yeah, yeah, all the rest was great and all- but somehow for me that is the most impressive yet?

Yup, you SUCK!

(Take that as high praise!)
Old 06-28-2008, 04:50 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

Verrry In ter resting. But how does your rigging TERMINATE at the bow and stern??? Hummm!!!
LOL-- Great job so far.
-JohnLogan
Old 06-28-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
^

OH! That's IT, you SUCK!

I have yet to see such detailed and beautiful rigging on one of these boats? Yeah, yeah, yeah, all the rest was great and all- but somehow for me that is the most impressive yet?

Yup, you SUCK!

(Take that as high praise!)
Thank you Don for those kind words, I now feel I've reached the pinnacle of modeldom to receive the coveted, "yep you suck" from a fellow modeler, gives me the warm and fuzzys it's the best complement I have ever received. but Don don't hold back tell me how you realy feel, lol lol lol again thanks Glenn
Old 06-28-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLogan View Post
Verrry In ter resting. But how does your rigging TERMINATE at the bow and stern??? Hummm!!!
LOL-- Great job so far.
-JohnLogan
Hi John, it terminates at the blue panters tape' lol lol lol. but thank you any way Glenn
Old 07-02-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
^
Your fantastic efforts continue as does my anticipation for more!

Kudos,
Don
Hi Gents here are some photos of the rust and chipping paint I'm playing with for U-249. Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rust and chipping paint 2 001.jpg (647.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg rust and chipping paint 2 002.jpg (630.9 KB, 33 views)
"Aw, Bellamy, for cryin out load. That's the the stinking, most awful, stuped joke and you're always pullin' that stinking awful stupid joke.You don't want in this thing, you don't get in this thing. I cut you out of everything. I don't need you. Sixty feet of bridge I can get almost anywere. SCHMUCK"
Old 07-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Modelhead

Max Zephyr has disabled reputation

^ Perfect!!!

Now you just need to repeat that several thousand times LOLOLOL.

But really that looks great.

"Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."
--Somerset Maugham
Old 07-02-2008, 02:47 PM

Holy crap! two you sucks in one week? I won't be able to live with my self. lol lol thank you Matt, thank you Mech, It means alot coming from two high end builders such as your selfs. Matt you still want to take me up on the offer,lol lol lol. all the best Glenn
"Aw, Bellamy, for cryin out load. That's the the stinking, most awful, stuped joke and you're always pullin' that stinking awful stupid joke.You don't want in this thing, you don't get in this thing. I cut you out of everything. I don't need you. Sixty feet of bridge I can get almost anywere. SCHMUCK"
Old 07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Modelhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastpacific View Post
Matt you still want to take me up on the offer,lol lol lol.

Hmmm Don't know... I'll have to PINK about it... I mean think about it. Silly keyboard

"Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."
--Somerset Maugham
Old 07-02-2008, 04:36 PM

Matt next time YOU go to mexico see the COCK fights but don't make any SUCKER bet's lol lol lol

Last edited by lastpacific; 07-02-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Modelhead

LOL

--Somerset Maugham
Old 07-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Kit Assembler

bg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastpacific View Post
Hi Gents here are some photos of the rust and chipping paint I'm playing with for U-249. Glenn
Wow, a true work of art. Those rust spots and paint chips look ultra realistic. What colours did you use for the rust?

........not sure about the light cream colour on a U-Boat though..............(LOL)