Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 05-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGooseman View Post

For any fans of the History Channel's series, Battle 360, it's now available on DVD through the History Channel's online store:

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/i...et&giftfinder=
EXCELLENT!!!

Thanks for the heads up Rob! Do you know if they have it on Blu-Ray yet?

I LOVE that show!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 05-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Resident JLH Groupie

DaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati GodDaGooseman Resin Illuminati God

I didn't see it being offered on Blu-ray yet. But I wouldn't doubt that History Ch. is working on that.

The problem with America is stupidity. Now I don't believe in capital punishment for stupidity. However, I think we should just take all the safety labels off everything and let Mother Nature fix the problem herself.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All

Ya' know, after spending 5 years building the Big E, I can't even watch the Discovery special 360!

Don't mean to sound like a jerk but, I think I'm in Enterprise overload!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB43MAN View Post
Ya' know, after spending 5 years building the Big E, I can't even watch the Discovery special 360!

Don't mean to sound like a jerk but, I think I'm in Enterprise overload!
LOLOLOLOLOLOL... I don't believe anyone could possibly blame you for wishing to take a break from her.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:57 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

"BB",

I believe that if you place all humility aside you fully realize how rare and amazing your talents are. Putting them to use to capture a piece of history while some of those brave men who served upon her can still view a representation of 'their' ship is a service to the fighting forces and this country IMHO!
While I can only start to imagine the amount of labor, pain and frustration you go through I want to somehow express just how 'important' your projects are and my gratitude that you have used your talents for the benefit of anyone who ever views your work.

It's that 'special' to my way of thinking.

Amazing, simply amazing!

Congratulations Sir!

Don
Old 06-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All

Wow! Thanks for the compliments! They mean lots to me!

When I built the first large-scale ship, TENNESSEE (BB-43) I unveiled it in front of about 150 BB-43 vets. I told these guys to critique me and hold nothing back.

After a few minutes, an elderly veteran came up slowly with his wife of many years on his arm. He pointed to an area midships on the model and said "see that area right there? I stood my watches there and was there when the kamikaze hit!"

That just said "paid off!" I didn't need anything more. Seven years were made worthwhile. Since then many more vets have seen my work and I've been able to take them back in time. My work is done.

The most poigniant moment came a few days before when I gave my father-in-law a private viewing before anyone else got to see it, veteran wise, I mean. I took the drape off and expected him to comment but, he just sat there. Didn't say anything for a LONG time. I finaly looked over at my girlfriend (at the time, later my wife) and said "Why don't we go out on the balcony to have a glass of tea?" My father-in-law said "Nope! I'm gonna sit here on the bow and have a cup of coffee with Foote!" He had lapsed back 60 years! You see, Foote was his best friend aboard the ship in WWII and in rough seas Foote would get scared and want to go up to the bow, sit and have a cup of coffee. My dad-in-law would go up and sit with Foote until his nerves calmed down. Wow! When that happened, it brought me to tears.

Thanks again for the compliments, guys!
Old 06-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Thumbs up Once again... EXCELLENT WORK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB43MAN View Post
Thanks again for the compliments, guys!
You definitely have earned you kudos my friend. You are EXTREMELY talented!

Great story too!