Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 04-22-2017, 09:22 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: ST The Motion Picture Refit 1/350th

Holy shitballs that's beautiful Ian! Where the link to the video?
Old 04-23-2017, 01:12 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Thanks Scott. Truth to tell he is patient but then this went from commission job to not one and then back to commission job. Long story but there ya have it

Trip old bean, I thank ya fella!
Link is right at the bottom of the OP but here's the URL anyways:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsI5NDFUCLA

Enjoy.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 04-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

just god damn beautiful mate.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:16 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Kind words and very much appreciated old bean!
My well shaky mitts didn't help with the vid shoot but she looks pretty enough.
All the best my friend
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 05-05-2017 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Beautiful work, Ian!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!
Old 05-11-2017, 02:38 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

I thank ya Jeffrey!
Does that count?
Old 05-14-2017, 10:30 AM

clactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to beholdclactonite is a splendid one to behold

Damn, that is nice!
Old 05-15-2017, 09:39 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

I thank you sah!
Does that count?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:00 PM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice

I endeavor to make a ST model like this. Beautiful.

TazMan2000
Old 07-29-2017, 03:16 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks Taz, one does ones best.
After the mahoosive Y-Wing, something like this shouldn't be a problem for ya mate
Does that count?
Old 04-29-2018, 06:05 PM

jpolacchi New face in the crowd

Were you (are you) still using those iridescent lacquer paints I remember reading about on another thread I think I saw you playing with a while back to paint the 1/350 Enterprise?
Old 04-30-2018, 02:11 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

I am indeed still using those. They are going to get a solid look in on the DeBoers Refit. They are the Inspire Airbrush Pearlescent lacquers and after a bit of fiddling about, they do the job bang on for my purposes.

The full on mega waffle and pic deal is on page 28 of the build log, starts about half way down.

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipplentcom28.html

Enjoy!
Does that count?
Old 05-19-2018, 08:38 AM

Yeah,I remember that website you had and I did(at the time) print out every page of it(then lost a great deal of it moving).I should have got it in a binder sooner and I didn't. I think those paints look INCREDIBLE and that is probably "THE MOST" accurate paint job on the re-fit Enterprise I have ever seen.Funny how you can't ever really see all the colors on the film miniature unless you get a B&W,then you can at least see the paneling and painting pattern.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:52 AM

I also cannot say enough about the INSANE lighting you put into that kit.Looks every bit the film miniature(just smaller).I was curious if you give the paint job(after you are done) a shot of clear coat or would that ruin the iridescent effect of the paint if you did?I'm sure you may have mentioned it at some point in the thread,but I thought I'd just ask directly.I don't build allot of kits that require decals(at least not many) and are often very small/simple.Sometimes if they are "simple" enough I can paint markings either through masks or a stencil I can easily make,so...because I have never built an Enterprise with any seriousness. I've built a few in the past when I was a kid,but it was a quick build and a shot of primer and semi-gloss paint. How do you apply your decals to avoid certain decal application issues?
Old 05-21-2018, 11:44 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolacchi View Post
Yeah,I remember that website you had and I did(at the time) print out every page of it(then lost a great deal of it moving).I should have got it in a binder sooner and I didn't.
Well not to worry, that's what the site is still there for...and to waste time for folks who have nothing better to look at
Quote:
I think those paints look INCREDIBLE and that is probably "THE MOST" accurate paint job on the re-fit Enterprise I have ever seen.
Well I don't know about 'the most' accurate paint job, I would say it's pretty close but there's still a fair helping of guesswork thrown in from meself. In the end it's was a done thingy, I was happy, client also, most seem to like it so high fives all round

Quote:
Funny how you can't ever really see all the colors on the film miniature unless you get a B&W,then you can at least see the paneling and painting pattern.
The lighting was to blame for the colours not showing up too well, they had to underlight her so there were less light kicks of the edges of the model. As Paul Olsen put it when they did a show off for the cast and crew before filming took place and he said they lit her up perfectly and she glowed like a pearl. That would be bad news for getting a matte for compositing according to what Doug Trumbull told him so it got toned down on the lighting a great deal.

The continuing problem with there being no good colour reference, at least in the public domain, of the Refit as she was just post filming TMP. So we gotta do the best with what we have, which at times is not a lot but some have done some stellar reasearch work so it's all thanks to them in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolacchi View Post
I also cannot say enough about the INSANE lighting you put into that kit.Looks every bit the film miniature(just smaller).
Just my personal preference to be honest. She looks good without lighting but to light her up as close as possible to the movie, she just doesn't look right and proper without it..but again, that's just me.
Quote:
I was curious if you give the paint job(after you are done) a shot of clear coat or would that ruin the iridescent effect of the paint if you did?I'm sure you may have mentioned it at some point in the thread,but I thought I'd just ask directly.
I tried that while testing out the pearls on a scrap 350th saucer top but it just ends up somewhere from knocking the pearl effect down a bit to totally killing it so nope, no final top coat of anything. Just the pearl straight on to the matt white car primer paint.
Quote:
I don't build allot of kits that require decals(at least not many) and are often very small/simple. Sometimes if they are "simple" enough I can paint markings either through masks or a stencil I can easily make,so...because I have never built an Enterprise with any seriousness. I've built a few in the past when I was a kid,but it was a quick build and a shot of primer and semi-gloss paint. How do you apply your decals to avoid certain decal application issues?
Well this lass was a very different animal decal wise so I used DIY dry rubdown decals to get past the carrier film issues that I would have had with waterslides.
Nothing against the waterslides in the kit but on this finish, I have never seen them look right so just went that way instead. Some of the striping and so on is airbrushed with mucho masking but the registry on the saucer, nacelles and secondary hull along with some other markings are the dry rubdown type.
Does that count?