Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 08-17-2014, 09:24 PM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light
Default My Best Model Ever

At least so far. This was built using the old Revell 1/125 scale U-99 and U-47 kits. It represents the U-99 on patrol.
Unfortunately the photos just do not do it justice. The pictures were taken many years ago, using a film camera. I no longer have this piece, so I cannot take better photos with a digital camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 U-99 Done.jpg (977.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 002 U-99 Starboard Side.jpg (732.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 003 U-99 Bow Shot.jpg (282.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 005 U-99 Deck Gun.jpg (465.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 033 Hans George-Hess with U-99 .jpg (1.00 MB, 29 views)
Old 08-17-2014, 09:30 PM

kenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of lightkenpiniak is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My Best Model Ever

In the first photo above, you can see some of the books I used as references. I also spent a lot of time watching the film "Das Boot", and took a couple of trips to see the U-995 in Laboe, Germany. In the last photo above, I am showing it to Hans-Georg Hess, the captain of the U-995.
Most of the photos of the interior were taken "in progress", otherwise you could never see everything I put into it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007 U-99 Torpedo Tube Doors.jpg (473.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 011 U-99 Crew.jpg (234.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 013 U-99 Food Hanging.jpg (912.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 014 U-99 Ward Room Coffee Pot.jpg (160.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 020 U-99 Zentrale.jpg (583.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 024 U-99 Galley.jpg (232.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-17-2014, 11:59 PM

Distancegrabber is a jewel in the roughDistancegrabber is a jewel in the roughDistancegrabber is a jewel in the roughDistancegrabber is a jewel in the roughDistancegrabber is a jewel in the roughDistancegrabber is a jewel in the roughDistancegrabber is a jewel in the rough

Photos are very low quality, can't see much of anything.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:41 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Coolness.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:23 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I don't think I have ever seen that kit built that well.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:03 AM

More photos.
I lit up the ship with LEDs. All of the interior doors and hatches open/close.
Per German regulations of the time, there is a portrait of Hitler in the control room, also one of Doenitz in the ward room (you can't see them, unfortunately).
I also added full food stowage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004 U-99 Deck.jpg (306.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 009 U-99 Working on Torpedo.jpg (154.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 021 U-99 Control Room.jpg (506.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 027 U-99 Engine.jpg (179.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 030 U-99 E Maschine Room.jpg (123.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 032 U-99 Rear.jpg (782.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-18-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distancegrabber View Post
Photos are very low quality, can't see much of anything.
Unfortunately, you are right, the photos are not real good. But that is all I have. Part of the problem is that this model is just so small, it was hard to see inside it even with the good old MK 1 eyeball. But this is all I have.
Some other details I built into it:
The Starboard Engine is fully plumbed as seen in "Das Boot", complete with pushrods, rocker arms, and valve springs (made using coupling springs for HO trains), and combustion chamber ports.
The Port Engine is cut down, so you can see the other engine. Since I had it cut down, I filled it in with epoxy putty, drilled out the cylinders, and added pistons to it.
In the control room, the forward (sky) periscope can move up and down and retracts into its well at the bottom of the compartment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 013 U-99 Food Hanging.jpg (912.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 018 U-99 Center Section.jpg (1.53 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 019 U-99 BW Valves.jpg (249.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 022 U-99 Manning the Periscope.jpg (406.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-03-2015, 01:02 PM

aptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant futureaptivaboy has a brilliant future

Wow, I remember that model as a kid. Impressive.

Bob
Old 01-12-2015, 09:24 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Admittedly the phoro quality is not great but that doesn't detract from the amount of work and dedication to detail you put into this. Wonderful work!

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."