Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 02-07-2016, 07:18 PM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold
Default 1/35 Trumpeter "Elbrus" Scud Launcher

Hi guys

This is the latest build off my bench - Trumpeter's 35th Scud Launcher. It's not a bad kit to put together. Minimal clean up but it can be fiddly. It's a markedly different kit from the BR-52 that's for sure. Trumpeter have come a long way since then and this proves it (well, in my opinion anyway)

I've done it in an East German scheme simply because it's simple but quite cool and no where near as complex as some of the one's Trumpeter give you as an option
The hydraulic piston at the rear is home made and telescopes quite nicely. Plumbing and hoses are also an addition - although not exactly accurate. Trumpeter neglect to tell you how everything plugs in, so I've WIF'd it a bit there

full WIP if your interested here: http://madhatterscaleworks.blogspot....1_archive.html

Anyways, that's it for now. It was fun to build but I am glad to see it done
I am prepping for my next project - something that will take me a very long time to do and will test any scratch building skills I have. Yep, I'm going to take on Tamiya's 1/350 Enterprise. What I'll do to it isn't new and has been done by countless others before me, but I don't care. I'm still going to do it. I built it once when I was a teenager and I cringe now when I think of how bad a job I did of it.

Anyways, before that, I shall try to finish off the BSG Pegasus and clear that up as it has suffered a bit of neglect. Time for some 'Madhatter Lovin' I think
Till next time
MH
Old 02-09-2016, 03:31 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1/35 Trumpeter "Elbrus" Scud Launcher

I like it!
Old 02-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Subtle weathering, lots of tiny open details, rare subject -- Well done!
Just add a tiny Austin Milbarge and Emmit Fitzhume and it would be perfect.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:53 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

That looks amazing! I think you picked out the most attractive camo scheme.

I love the piston - what did you use to make it?
Old 02-10-2016, 03:01 AM

Madhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to beholdMadhatter is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys.
The piston was made of a mix of aluminium and copper tubing painted in Alclad
MH
Old 02-16-2016, 12:38 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Devil is in the details MH---- and you've got it in spades. You made it interesting and gave me something to look at.

Now let's see the Enterprise....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 02-18-2016, 09:54 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Incredible work! As always!!