Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models WIPs of all other types of models

Old 04-20-2012, 02:22 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Revell Movin' Out 'Big Rig' Style Chevy Van

Whatho people!
Yep, thanks to weevilbay, finally got one!

Another one from the 'had it long ago and made a right mess of the build' list. Can't really explain why but always loved this kit and swore i'd do another one day but better.
I think it's something to do with the fact it's got a nicely detailed interior and you lot know me and nicely detailed model interiors, just can't get enough of 'em.
Chuck in some lighting and i'm all over it like a hobo on a bag of chips.

Well we'll see how this one turns out as we go but I think this bad motor scooter just got shunted straight to the top of the personal 'to do' pile.

A few pics of the box in my possession and the inevitable link to the opening page with lots more pics of what's in said box.

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipmovinout.html

By the way, this isn't on my WIP link page so it's just between you, me and anyone else you tell...okedoke

Go easy out there all of ya!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Void where permitted

modelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Revell Movin' Out 'Big Rig' Style Chevy Van

Ahhh...now all it needs is a weee little Sheryl Tiegs a'lyin' in the back
Old 04-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

It even has a reel to reel tape recorder. Sweeeet.

Mike
Old 04-21-2012, 03:08 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelnutz View Post
Ahhh...now all it needs is a weee little Sheryl Tiegs a'lyin' in the back
Indeedly!
Hmmm...1/16th female figure to go with it...now ya started me off on that thinking thing again
Also a top notch idea I reckon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
It even has a reel to reel tape recorder. Sweeeet.

Mike
Oh yes mate, i'm a thinking a complete replacement/rebuild for the tape deck and the amplifier above it.
A nice 5thou steel photo-etch backing polished up for that one and a better crop of relife detailing thrown at it should do the trick there.

Or not as the case may be, see how it goes

Oh, VERY nice sig picture by the way Mike, you do choose some gooduns fella!
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 04-21-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Yeah, just saw Sucker Punch last night and loved the hell out of it. How that movie flopped when something like Transformers 3 does so well is completely inexplicable to me!

On the van build, it needs a sound chip playing the Doobie Brothers songs in a loop.

Mike
Old 04-22-2012, 03:46 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Ah the vagries of the movie industry and the viewing public my friend.
Saying that, unlike a lot of folks it seems, I loved John Carter.
Excellent adventure romp! I may not ever be able to have a Deja Thoris (dammit!) but I want a Calot

Well now you mention it on the music Mike, i've ordered up some stuff and the plan is this...
Low rev (about 60 rpm top end) micro motor and gearbox linked to shafts with micro ballrace bearings to drive the reels on the tape deck, tied off to one of them cheapo tiny MP3 players on a switch circuit with small speakers hidden under the bed.

Playlist is deffo going to have to have some good crusing/chill out music.
Ya know the kind, Doobie Brothers, Eagles with a side of 10cc thrown in and the like.
That should be different if I can work it all out to my satisfaction
Does that count?
Old 04-22-2012, 07:47 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Well now you mention it on the music Mike, i've ordered up some stuff and the plan is this...
Low rev (about 60 rpm top end) micro motor and gearbox linked to shafts with micro ballrace bearings to drive the reels on the tape deck, tied off to one of them cheapo tiny MP3 players on a switch circuit with small speakers hidden under the bed.
Are you kidding me??!!

THIS I gotta see!!!!!

This will have to be the first time anything like this has ever been done in the modeling world.

You're the man to do it Ian!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:36 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

I'll do me best my sheep frightening friend!

Now then, not an update as such but a question or two as such for you merry mob.
Been having a bit of a photo-etch test-playabout with a couple of lumps of scrap metal sheet in the hellhole this day and here's what came of that nonsense.

Done in 5 thou" brass:

And 5 thou" steel:

So then to the questions at hand and after a bit of a quick and dirty mock up...

All brass:

All steel:

Steel on brass:

Brass on steel:

The back plates are about 1 & 1/4" square, the reels are about 7/16th" diameter.

So...
Question 1) Are they any good/waddya reckon?
Question 2) Which looks better?

Personally i'm leaning toward the steel on brass to go with the rest of the wood/brown/beige interior colour scheme but just thought i'd chuck this one out there to you lot and get ya thoughts.

For the realism side I know it should probably be steel with the bottom of the tape deck below the reels black or something but anyways that's the larking about so far.

On top of this and just to mention, there will be a faux-tape material in the reels and a thin strip of like colour material in the (yet to be built) head unit between the reels, each end tapered in width slightly so it doesn't catch the reels as they turn but looks the part.

The amplifier/radio/whatchamacallit unit at the top will have a backlit decal thing and likewise for the two meter like things at the bottom left.

Go easy out there gang!
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 05-13-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

yes they are good. I feel it needs to have both steel & brass. When they all all the same it doesn't look right. You might better see the tape with the brass on steel. Just my 2 bob.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:09 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Drew old bean, your two bob is more then good enough currency for me fella
It'll look the part once done and all the buttons, knobs and accociated greeblies are attached but all input still welcome
Does that count?
Old 05-13-2012, 05:40 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

I like the brass on steel as well.

But....

having sold a few of these back in the day, the reels were always either raw aluminum, or painted that color.

What to do, what to do...

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 06-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Oh how i wish revell would repop this kit. Hell Round 2 is repopping the old 1/16 chargers maybe there is hope...