Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models WIPs of all other types of models

Old 01-08-2014, 09:07 PM

WolfAngel43 New face in the crowd
Default UPDATE!!..1/29/14...1/16 scale Kenworth drag team hauler

Well, this is my first time posting here . I personally know THE CAT...and I have been wanting to put something on here. I figured I would come onto here in a big way. After seeing him buy (I work at the hobby shop) the big 1/16 scale Kenworth...I decided to buy one and do something a little (or big..depending on how you look at it) something different. I followed his build of the Movin' On truck and got inspired to do one of these big trucks. This is what I have done so far.......

Lengthened the frame 7 inches
Started scratchbuilding a race car hauler bed

This truck will be about 30 inches long..maybe a hair longer. Think of the 1/24 scale version made by AMT. Just my own take on the look. I will also be building a fully detailed funny car to go on it. This will take me a loooong time to finish...but I think Im off to a good start. Let me know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stock frame.JPG (96.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Long frame.JPG (115.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg On wheels.JPG (140.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Racecar bed.JPG (135.3 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by WolfAngel43; 01-29-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:47 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/16 scale Kenworth drag team hauler

First off, WELCOME! I'm glad you ain't a lurker anymore

Second, holy CRAP that is going to be a big truck. It'll probably take an acre of sheet plastic to build the bed I like how it's looking and I can't wait to see more.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:36 AM

Hey CAT..nope..im not lurking anymore. A quick question for you. I noticed when i put the front axle on..it wasnt centered...did you have that problem to. I fixed mine...was just curious.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Yes I did. It struck me as odd but wasn't a bad fix.

I DID run into some fit problems with the intake and exhaust systems.

Exhaust - one of the locator pieces on the frame had broken off and got lost before I even knew it was needed. I was able to reinforce the assembly with chunks of plastic in areas that wouldn't be visible on the completed truck.

Intake - the piping that goes between the air cleaners and into the intake on the engine required surgery to fit correctly. I ended up having to glue it together and then saw it into three pieces. The cuts were made where the crossways pipe joins with the curved sections (that are flexible on the real truck) that go out to the cleaners. I glued the flex pieces to the cleaners and the center piece to the engine's intake and joined them with slices of plastic tube. It'll make more sense when you get to it
Old 01-12-2014, 07:53 PM

Well this is just a small update..not much really. I had to move the gas tank forward to under the sleeper (will be made out of aluminum later) and added the front hood and centered the front wheels...just to see how massive this thing was going to bed........holy hell!!!....I have gotten the other bed side made and braced to the chassis. I found an old 1/16 scale funny car body to place on the bed to show what it will look like. The other picture is for a size comparison between a 1/24 scale Kenworth and this 1/16 scale monstrosity.....lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg funny car mockup.JPG (145.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg bed sides.JPG (191.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg size comparison.JPG (124.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-16-2014, 10:24 PM

Default Re: UPDATE!!...1/16 scale Kenworth drag team hauler

Here is a pretty good update so far on this truck. I opened up the cabinets on the driver side so I can make doors and hinge them to open and also built the inside walls.....and I just scribed in the lines on the passenger side. They wont open. Then I have started on the ramp portion of the bed. Still ALOT to do to just the bed area. The piece count just for sheet plastic...so far....25!!!!....along with a few strengthening ribs underneath. Let me know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg open cabinets.JPG (158.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg closed cabinets.JPG (139.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ramp bed.JPG (180.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-19-2014, 08:40 PM
It's gonna get real now.

I'm loving it!

How can you see to work on such a miniscule model though????

Also, how are you scribing your lines?

Last edited by The Cat; 01-19-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:56 PM

LOL...am I sensing smartass-ism??........lol. It can be tough...I have to drag out the magnifiers sometimes.....lol. Anyway, im scribing my lines with a panel scriber. It works pretty good on the soft sheet plastic.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:20 PM
It's gonna get real now.

Smartass-isms? Moi???? Never, sir, NEVER!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:14 PM

Heres the next update...I have finally made the doors and made hinges for them to. They open quite well and function pretty good..just a little more refinement is all that is needed. I also made a rear "bumper" to house the taillights. As you can see also...I have made 1 of 2 upper ramps for the front tires to sit in. Let me know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg closed doors.JPG (126.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg open doors.JPG (126.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg rear bumper.JPG (71.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-29-2014, 09:49 PM

Default Re: UPDATE!!..1/29/14...1/16 scale Kenworth drag team hauler

Here is the next update. As you can see I have the hinges on the doors. All it really is...is a piece of 1/16 (ironic) piece of aluminum tubing..some paperclips bent into a 90 degree angle top and bottom...and then placed into pieces of rubber tubing glued to the top and bottom of the cabinet. As you can also see, I have made a small magnetic catch for the door. The magnet is on the bracket on the frame and then a piece of metal sheet on the door. As you can see I got ALLLLL the bracing done on the bottom..and there is a bunch of it. Helped strengthen the whole thing considerably. You can also see I have made the upper ramps where the front tires will go into...along with the "rub strips" along the edges. This will have a diamond plate overlay when its done. I have also included a pic of how its going to look with a funny car on the back of it. This is NOT the funny car that will end up on this truck..that is a surprise. Hope you enjoy it so far...any comments are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg door hinge.JPG (113.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg bracing.JPG (126.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg funnycar 1.JPG (159.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg funnycar 2.JPG (146.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg upper ramps.JPG (91.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-30-2014, 03:46 PM
It's gonna get real now.

That is just friggen amazing, an acre of sheet plastic! I can't wait to see it in person!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAngel43 View Post
Let me know what you think.
Crap.

That's all I can think to say about this.

That work is so good it makes ME wonder why I even keep trying.

Depressing thread all the way around.

Absolutely outstanding WolfAngel.

Rob.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:18 PM

Eindekker is a jewel in the roughEindekker is a jewel in the roughEindekker is a jewel in the roughEindekker is a jewel in the roughEindekker is a jewel in the roughEindekker is a jewel in the rough

Very nice indeed! Looks super clean on the photos. What will be the colours?
Old 03-25-2014, 09:13 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Welcome, nice to see new work. It's looking good so far, nice large scale and good photography as well!!