Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Miscellaneous Models

Miscellaneous Models WIPs of all other types of models

Old 05-06-2014, 02:49 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Velleman K8200 3D Printer Build And Testing.

Well this is as close to an apropriate section as I can find so here we go.

Page 1, the parts and the plan so to speak.

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wip3d.html

How this is going to work out, if it works out at all I know not but i'm giving it a shot to try and make the work a bit easier on the ole bones. Got it today and it's a bit of a hefty box with oodles of parts to play with.

This Youtube vid shows what can be done purely as an example.

I've got this in to rework the Viper MkII mesh I got sent in to printable parts. Time to get with the new technologies and all that crap

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imag1799.jpg (76.9 KB, 13 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 06-05-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:43 PM

G-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Velleman K8200 3D Printer Build And Testing.

Ever any questions Ian Always feel free to ask me, I'll happily help you out, or find the answer for you if i don't know it.

George

And you can follow Catalyst Creations on face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644
Old 05-11-2014, 01:47 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Nay prob George and I thank you sah!

Well update time. Page 2, mechanical parts assembly.
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wip3d2.html

About 12 hours spread over two days and this is how it's looking.

So some grunt work done, now down to the wiring and electronics with much soldering going to happen...nothing new there I know but there ya have it.

That's the lot for now
Does that count?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:12 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Oh this is gonna be fun...

I can FEEL it!!!!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 05-15-2014, 02:58 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

I certainly hope so George!

So far, hook up to the computer is positive and motors all whirred in the correct fashion when the manual buttons got hit. Next up is testing the heating for the extruder head and bed, then the filament drive.

Once all that's done, the callibration proper and first printing. I hope to have something to show by the end of the weekend.

If all that goes according to no particular plan then mucho test printing to refine it as far as it will go. Got a few meshes to feed through the slicer and print up so we'll see what the next several days have in store.

Suffice to say the reel of PLA and ABS plastic filament will take a hammering but one is cautiously optimistic at this stage
Does that count?
Old 05-19-2014, 12:44 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Right then gang, page 3 up!

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wip3d3.html

Wiring and construction complete with first test print done.
Took a fair while to sort it with only a couple of hiccups along the way but all dealt with in order.

First print was a bit rough around the edges and most other places but it's all still at the default settings so much farting about with said settings will take place as time goes on.
Parts for the filamet reel spindle.

A well hacked up vid of this thing doing it's thing.

And that's how it stands thusfar, more later I promise
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 05-19-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:49 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

NICE!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 06-05-2014, 01:01 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks George,
The printing pandemonium continues but I think I'm about done with working this gear out.

Page 4, Parts For The Printer And Mesh Tests.

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wip3d4.html

Overall I have to say it's a decent set up and not really that difficult to build and get going with a fair dollop of patience thrown in.
Current results are promising so I will continue.

Got the casings for the circuit board and stand alone controller printed and fitted without fuss.

Low poly head mesh tests in varying sizes and different levels of success.

And in prep for some possible large scale figures, a pair of low poly boots and top turnovers.

So done and done here abouts with the intricacies of this beastie, onward with more mesh mucking about when and where appropriate

Take care all!
Does that count?